Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mobile service, homelink, heat pump cover, B pillar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a mobile service to install the homelink. After I made the appointment, I edited the service to install part number #1502213-00-A ac compressor acoustic cover and that the B pillars had a gap. They actually ordered the heat pump cover and installed it at the mobile service. The technician who had been with Tesla since 2012 had never installed one. The instructions he said were to remove the refrigerant and remove the in and out lines to install the cover. We both said NO. He cut a couple of slits in the cover and was able to install it around the ac compressor. Also, the B pillar clips were not holding. He had some different ones in his service car and replaced 3 clips on the drivers and passengers side and that seemed to work as the clips stayed locked in place.

My heat pump was not really that noisy, but you could hear it. Most of the noise was coming from the fan. After the acoustic blanket, the compressor is nearly silent. You can still hear the fans for sure, as before.

I had a mobile service to install the homelink. After I made the appointment, I edited the service to install part number #1502213-00-A ac compressor acoustic cover and that the B pillars had a gap. They actually ordered the heat pump cover and installed it at the mobile service. The technician who had been with Tesla since 2012 had never installed one. The instructions he said were to remove the refrigerant and remove the in and out lines to install the cover. We both said NO. He cut a couple of slits in the cover and was able to install it around the ac compressor. Also, the B pillar clips were not holding. He had some different ones in his service car and replaced 3 clips on the drivers and passengers side and that seemed to work as the clips stayed locked in place.

My heat pump was not really that noisy, but you could hear it. Most of the noise was coming from the fan. After the acoustic blanket, the compressor is nearly silent. You can still hear the fans for sure, as before.
What was your build date?

Thx for the info, I've got a tow hitch and homelink mobile service set up for 3 weeks from now. I also wanted to add the acoustic heat pump cover to that mobile service. When I go in to modify service it won't let me add it and wants to set up a new service center appt. How did you do it?? thx

Thx for the info, I've got a tow hitch and homelink mobile service set up for 3 weeks from now. I also wanted to add the acoustic heat pump cover to that mobile service. When I go in to modify service it won't let me add it and wants to set up a new service center appt. How did you do it?? thx
Other than noise and visual, is there any other way to determine if the acoustic cover has been installed?