Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 23.7K miles vs 10K?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@chrstna4 Got delivery of my car! Tried out self driving and everything - loved it. Most of the dings don't bother me because they're really small. The only one that is noticeable is the scatter patch close to the tire (the 2nd pic of the 3 you posted in your comment). I am going to check out how much that would cost to get fixed - if it's less than 1500 for all the dings...might consider it.

• Love
Reactions: KenC and chrstna4
Nice, take pics. The spot around the rear tires is the "dogleg". If you get the paint fixed, put on mudflaps, or PPF on that spot. Tesla's own kit, includes the flaps and some PPF, though some owners are disappointed with the PPF.

@chrstna4 Here you go!

Nice, take pics. The spot around the rear tires is the "dogleg". If you get the paint fixed, put on mudflaps, or PPF on that spot. Tesla's own kit, includes the flaps and some PPF, though some owners are disappointed with the PPF.
Yeah, I'm going to get an estimate and take a call if that's worth doing. Probably will get the paint correct kit from Tesla to fix up the minor chips though.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-29 at 4.25.30 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-29 at 4.25.30 PM.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 42
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-29 at 4.24.24 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-29 at 4.24.24 PM.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: KenC
@laza121 Add some photos of your new baby! I think I saw you’re in Seattle - did you pick up in Renton or Bellevue? Or did you drive somewhere else to get the car?
I picked it up from Portland! But yes, I live in Seattle too - if I cross a blue colored model 3 I think there's a good chance it might be you haha.
Btw- does the model 3 come with a first aid kit? Mine didn't have one.

Last edited:
@chrstna4 Here you go!

Yeah, I'm going to get an estimate and take a call if that's worth doing. Probably will get the paint correct kit from Tesla to fix up the minor chips though.
She’s a beauty! I just got a Tesla paint kit because something/someone gave my car a deep scratch through the paint in the last week (between washes). Now I will get a paint correction and ceramic coat for sure - probably early next year.

I picked it up from Portland! But yes, I live in Seattle too - if I cross a blue colored model 3 I think there's a good chance it might be you haha.
Btw- does the model 3 come with a first aid kit? Mine didn't have one.
I didn’t have one in my car - I think you have to buy it from Tesla. I put my own together at Target.
I will wave at all the red Model 3s I see and maybe one will be you. I’ve seen at least three blue Model 3s just in West Seattle so if you’re waving at a blue one over here there’s around a 1 in 4 chance it’s me. Ha!

• Funny
Reactions: laza121
She’s a beauty! I just got a Tesla paint kit because something/someone gave my car a deep scratch through the paint in the last week (between washes). Now I will get a paint correction and ceramic coat for sure - probably early next year.
Thanks! Oof, and I feel your pain - how big is the scratch? let me know how well the paint correction kit works. Are you also planning a professional paint correct before the ceramic coat?

Thanks! Oof, and I feel your pain - how big is the scratch? let me know how well the paint correction kit works. Are you also planning a professional paint correct before the ceramic coat?
The scratch is about 1.5-2 inches long and it’s down to the metal. My current plan is to go in soon for a full detail and to get the quote for a paint correction and ceramic coat. It looks like the paint correction and ceramic will be about $1500 (a little more of I get the next level of ceramic coat that has a longer warranty).