Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 adjustable SWIVEL mount (pre order) coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big improvement on how much it swivels it looks. Does it tilt also?
It does not tilt however per the tech forum site for the fixed mount, the swivel mount are the same corrections however the whole screen moves:

This kit lowers the screen on the Tesla Model 3 a total of 1.6 inches, angles the screen forward 9 degrees, and is side to side adjustable to either be parallel with the dashboard, or angled toward the driver.

This is install video for fixed mount.
Also reviewed by other youtubers : I1Tesla, Tesla Raj, Frugal Tesla Guy and a few others w smaller channels.

Reactions: puckpurnell
It does not tilt however per the tech forum site for the fixed mount, the swivel mount are the same corrections however the whole screen moves:

This kit lowers the screen on the Tesla Model 3 a total of 1.6 inches, angles the screen forward 9 degrees, and is side to side adjustable to either be parallel with the dashboard, or angled toward the driver.

This is install video for fixed mount.
Also reviewed by other youtubers : I1Tesla, Tesla Raj, Frugal Tesla Guy and a few others w smaller channels.

I just installed Matthews kit in my model 3. It's a really well-made product, if you can use a socket wrench, you can install this kit easily. YouTube install videos are very helpful. Matthew recently updated the bracket, so it swivels in both directions. Definitely recommend buying it
Steve F
USA

What's the down side regarding warranty?

I am REALLY interested in something similar to this, but I dont know if I can get myself to spend the ~$300 they want for the mount when I could 3D print or fab something up myself... That said, some people seem to believe if you swap in this mount and then experience issues with your screen (some even go as far to say anywhere in the car :rolleyes: ) that tesla will blame the mount and refuse warranty work.I find that highly suspect, now if you were installing the mount, dropped your screen and cracked the glass I would think tesla would say its physical damage and not covered under warranty, but I cant for the life of me figure out how they could blame the mount if anything goes wrong with other components other than the physical screen itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.