Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero 18" Wheel Rim Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit a curb pretty bad yesterday and ruined 1 of my wheels. Tire and TPMS seems to be fine, but I need to replace the 18" Aero wheel/rim + the cover.

Set-up a service appt me with closest Tesla location, but they quoted me $460 for the 1 wheel/rim (+ $35 for the cover). Anyone else have an experience similar recently? That price is crazy...

Can any confirm / share their experience? I read that in mid-late 2019, the price was $275 - can't imagine it went so much in such short of time.

I hit a curb pretty bad yesterday and ruined 1 of my wheels. Tire and TPMS seems to be fine, but I need to replace the 18" Aero wheel/rim + the cover.

Set-up a service appt me with closest Tesla location, but they quoted me $460 for the 1 wheel/rim (+ $35 for the cover). Anyone else have an experience similar recently? That price is crazy...

Can any confirm / share their experience? I read that in mid-late 2019, the price was $275 - can't imagine it went so much in such short of time.
A full set of tires plus tpms plus rims is 2700 on Tesla's website for either summer or winter tires:

Model 3 18" Aero Wheel and Winter Tire Package

Model 3 18” Aero Wheel and Summer Tire Package

So 2700/4 = 675 per tire + rim + tpms. If you assume the tire is 250 and tpms is 50 that leaves 375 for the rim plus aero cap. That's if you buy 4, maybe there charge a premium for it individually?

I guess another way to look at it is 675 - 460 leaves 215 for the tire plus tpms. Looking at it that way, I agree 460 is crazy for the rim.

Not that it helps your case much, but a co worker recently damaged his tire plus rim of a 2019 Elantra sport, and it cost him 1200 for 1 tire plus rim plus tpms and labor. That's absolutely insane ...

Have you checked Kijiji? There is an OEM set for sale. $800 for all four. There is even a set of four hub caps for $50.
Also, have you looked into replica wheels?
I don't have any experience with them but there must be a forum user running the replicas for winters and could provide you feedback on the quality.