Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Air Conditioning Not responding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tochit

Sep 9, 2018
Usa
very happy woth my 2 week old, dual motor model 3. Unfortunately, after a day with friends and an interior temp of 104, my new model 3 air conditioning would not turn on.

It appeared as though as far as the car was concerned, it was functioning fun, no the fans never turned on.

Quick vid at the link below, wanted to document this odd thing.

Service scheduled, anyone else see this sort of thing?

Yes, I had something similar happen to me. Less than 48h of ownership in and with temps in the high 90s, the AC wouldn't turn on, although the car "thought" it was on. The problem lasted a few hours and then resolved, never to recur again. I didn't take it into the shop.

Had the same thing happen to me a few days after I got mine. They did a bunch of diagnostics but found nothing and it hasn't happened since. Seems like there are at least 10 people I've seen with similar issues. Mine resolved after completely shutting car down for 30 minutes.

very happy woth my 2 week old, dual motor model 3. Unfortunately, after a day with friends and an interior temp of 104, my new model 3 air conditioning would not turn on.

It appeared as though as far as the car was concerned, it was functioning fun, no the fans never turned on.

Quick vid at the link below, wanted to document this odd thing.

Service scheduled, anyone else see this sort of thing?

Did you ever get a diagnosis/fix on this? This just happened to me this morning - still not working after a power cycle and display reboot. Service scheduled.