Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 August Delivery Figures published By SMMT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is it stated that they have 7000 orders to fulfil?

A Tesla representative in Heathrow actually told me they have "over 10,000" and that capacity for this year is already full. As in you order today, you get it next year....

Looking at the 2000 delivered in August it's not too far off.

The "over 7000" number is based on invoice numbers, which are assumed to be UK and Ireland only. Of course some of those will be cancelled, but it gives a rough indication.

TMC Forum UK Tesla Model 3 Orders Shared

The highest invoice number on the above sheet is 15624 for an order on 31st of Aug. Even if 1000 people ended up cancelling their orders that is still over 14000 cars for UK and Ireland.

The other consideration is that the invoice numbers are RHD in which case it includes Australia and NZ.

Also bear in mind that Tesla reserved RHD VIN numbers of roughly 16000+ in the last 3 months. That's not to say they are all manufactured, but it shows the rough intent.

Tesla Model3 RHD VIN ranges

Reactions: m3gt2
A Tesla representative in Heathrow actually told me they have "over 10,000" and that capacity for this year is already full. As in you order today, you get it next year....

Looking at the 2000 delivered in August it's not too far off.

The "over 7000" number is based on invoice numbers, which are assumed to be UK and Ireland only. Of course some of those will be cancelled, but it gives a rough indication.

TMC Forum UK Tesla Model 3 Orders Shared

The highest invoice number on the above sheet is 15624 for an order on 31st of Aug. Even if 1000 people ended up cancelling their orders that is still over 14000 cars for UK and Ireland.

The other consideration is that the invoice numbers are RHD in which case it includes Australia and NZ.

Also bear in mind that Tesla reserved RHD VIN numbers of roughly 16000+ in the last 3 months. That's not to say they are all manufactured, but it shows the rough intent.

Tesla Model3 RHD VIN ranges
surely that has to include the other RHD markets or something else odd is going on. in July the number was in the 7000s including all the pent up demand from people waiting years. Now a month later it is sitting at 16000. It jumped 2000 in one day between 4th and 5 of August!! if that is all UK demand then OMFG.

surely that has to include the other RHD markets

Time will tell... Actual delivery numbers tell the whole story.

They delivered 2000 in August

It's pretty safe to say they will deliver the same or more in September.

I am 80% confident October will be the same

After that? It could go down, but just from october we have reached 7000 territory

I would not be at all surprised if they deliver another 10,000 throughout the year in 2020 ... When BIK will be 0