Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 AWD 19" Sport Wheels - Tire Replacement Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my dual motor Model 3 with 19" sport wheels March 30, 2022. I've put 35,747 miles on it as I type this. I'm sitting in my Tesla dealership getting tires because they're getting pretty thin. I have sticker shock at the cost to replace the tires. I've driven lots of cars with low profile tires. I realize that low profile/run flat tires only get 30,000-40,000 miles on them. To replace them on my Cadillac that I had prior to this car it was $1,300. The cost to replace 4 tires at Tesla is $1,750. When I arrived they asked me if I wanted to get an alignment too. I asked why it's not included and was told, "This isn't Tire Discounters" with a chuckle. So, to get 4 new tires, and an alignment it's $2,047.72 or almost $1,000 more than non-electric vehicle tires. If I'm going to have to replace these every 18 months I need to find a better (and by better I mean cheaper) place to buy tires. Who do you use? I live in Cincinnati.

Personally, I wouldn't go to Tesla for tires. Just checked Tire Rack and all-in price is about $1500 for OEM Continental tires. Install done by America's Tire.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 2.17.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 2.19.12 PM.png

Personally, I wouldn't go to Tesla for tires. Just checked Tire Rack and all-in price is about $1500 for OEM Continental tires. Install done by America's Tire.

View attachment 967165
View attachment 967166
my 2023 MYLR (picked up in Nov 2022) came with same Continental Procontact. Per internet its price is expensive $300+ and yet its rating is just so-so 4+. I think my local Costco tires center offer Michelin CC2. If purchased at the "on sales" time it's less than $200 each