Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 AWD or Model Y LR RWD?

Model 3 AWD or Model Y LR RWD

• Model 3 AWD

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Model Y LR RWD

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They cost about the same but the wife prefers the Y cause it sits higher.
Model 3 AWD Model Y LR RWD
Price $65,990 $66,390
Range 518km 483km
0-100 4.6s 5.8s
Drive AWD RWD
Availability March 3rd quarter?

The Y has more space and it has newer tech but the 3 has AWD, longer range and is faster.
I also read that the Y has an electric lift gate so that would save me installing $1000 for the Hansshow trunk and frunk kit.
AWD is better than RWD but the Model 3 RWD seems to be ok in the snow so I assume the Model Y RWD will be the same.
The Y RWD may not be available until possibly the 3rd quarter and I prefer to get it before June.
I would need to convince the wife that the 3 with AWD, longer range is better than the Y RWD, more space, sits higher
Would like to place a deposit this weekend to get my place in line but not sure if the Y is the one to get.

It does not take much to open and close the trunk doors. Installing hansshow will require major surgery to your car, and possibly void warranty. I wanted a model Y but decided on the M3 after driving it.
I"m ok with installing the kit myself.
Coming from a ML350 with a power lift gate its something we got used to.
And my wife is short, 5'0" so its hard for her to reach up to pull down the trunk.

To me if you are ok with rwd then you could look at the m3 rwd and save some money. I am getting a MY awd because I need the extra storage and need awd to avoid having to put chains on when going over the pass (is mandatory if not awd)

If fast cars are her thing, then M3. She'll have so much fun driving it, I sure do! I initially ordered a SR+ for my husband, but ended up with a LR AWD from inventory and don't regret it one bit. However, if the wife explicitly stated she wants the MY, get the MY. Don't go against the wife. lol

If fast cars are her thing, then M3. She'll have so much fun driving it, I sure do! I initially ordered a SR+ for my husband, but ended up with a LR AWD from inventory and don't regret it one bit. However, if the wife explicitly stated she wants the MY, get the MY. Don't go against the wife. lol
I sort of compromised with her. I placed an order for the Model Y LR RWD but if it takes too long we'll switch to the Model 3 AWD.
She said she's fine driving the ML350 if we end up with the Model 3

Reactions: sacraM3nto