Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Bluetooth Re-Pairing Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2022 Tesla Model 3. I was away for several weeks; when I returned home my Android based card key would not work. The Bluetooth connection was still functional for making/receiving phone calls and playing Sirius XM. I need a working car key, so I did some online research followed by these tasks:
1. On the Android phone, I unpaired the Bluetooth connection to the Model 3.
2. On the Model 3, I removed the Android phone's car key.
3. Turned off Bluetooth on the Android phone
4. Uninstalled the Tesla app
5. Restarted the Android phone
6. Installed the Tesla app and logged in.
7 The Tesla app remembered the Model 3's card key. The ability to lock/unlock the Model 3 and put it in gear using the Android phone was restored.
8. I noticed that there are no phone devices listed on the Model 3's Bluetooth app. Whenever I try to pair my Android phone and the Model 3, nothing happens. Both keep searching but they don't connect.

How do I fix the Bluetooth pairing between the phone and Model 3 so I can restore the phone calls, contacts and other functionality? Thanks.

Pairing for phonecalls and pairing for phone as key are two separate things. You mention you removed the android phones car key, but you didnt say you removed the phone from the bluetooth connection (they are separate things in separate places as I mentioned).

Phone key is under locks I think, and the one under bluetooth is the regular bluetooth pairing (phone calls etc).

You are correct: the key is under locks and the phone connection is in the Bluetooth app. I unpaired the Bluetooth connection on the phone but not on the Tesla Model 3. The Bluetooth now shoes no connected devices/pairing: the problem is when I try to re-establish the Bluetooth connection/pairing, they never connect to each other.

Had the same problem, not being able to open my car door or drive the car, after being gone for 5 days on a family trip. Was it having the phone on airplane mode four times? I don't know what else would account for the problem. I had to really work on getting the bluetooth connection re-established with my I- phone and car. I actually had to us the Tesla key card to open my car door and to start the car on several occasions. Luckily, I carry the Tesla card in my wallet all the time. Or I would have been stranded. And we only have the one car.

You are correct: the key is under locks and the phone connection is in the Bluetooth app. I unpaired the Bluetooth connection on the phone but not on the Tesla Model 3. The Bluetooth now shoes no connected devices/pairing: the problem is when I try to re-establish the Bluetooth connection/pairing, they never connect to each other.
Do you have another phone you can try pairing (a friends etc)? That way you can move toward if it's a car or phone issue (or both grrrr). Also, dumb question, you did click the button on the BT screen to add a new device?