Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Center Cap (for 19" Sport Wheels)

Which one?!

• Keep my current setup... original Tesla T center cap?

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Switch to the decal outlining the Tesla T?

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Switch to the Tesla T decal?

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mod Y Guy

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2017
California
Need some help from all you good people! I've had my car now for just over a year and wanted to change things up just a bit. I was a few hours from changing the caliper color but got cold feet. I want to do something a little less permanent and was just curious what look people like more. I would be purchasing either decal in Midnight Silver Metallic (to match my car color). I do realize everyone's opinion is different but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks so much, I greatly appreciate it!

Current Setup.jpg

My car (current setup)

Original Tesla T center cap.jpg

Original Tesla T center cap (current setup)

Decal outlining the Tesla T.jpg

Decal outlining the Tesla T

Tesla T black Decal.png

Tesla T black decal

How much did that cost you? (just the lowering etc, not the cosmetic stuff)

Edit: Nevermind, I went to their website. Thanks for the info...Weird how the SR+ can only drop .75 but the LR and Performance models can do a full 1"...

Yea OP is where I got the inspiration from this thread originally...Finally got OEM ones..had Chinese ones that had black plastic
underneath and so it looked like it had a black ring around it from certain angles..OEM way thinner and nice and smooth.

I3XfZ4z.jpg

Where do you get the OEM center cap/what P/N? I like that look vs. the black plastic lug+hub cover.....

Bought them at the Tesla Service Center. Went to a different one than I had been going to and they were in stock. They are the Model S center cap covers in Silver.. $15 each.

Although I must say, the guy was worried that he couldn't sell them to me because everything is based on VIN and they were Model S parts. I have a Model 3 obviously so there was some concern (a bit ridiculous if you ask me, seeing as I know everyone else that got them has bought them from their SC). I gave him my VIN and it processed, so it worked in the end. But still lame they do that. Good luck!

Reactions: techzelle
After M3 19" starfish hubcaps were stolen.. so easy to remove with one finger. Switched to the cap and lug nut covers.
Amazon sells gun-metal caps and nut covers: Tesla Hub Center Cap (B09MF43NRL) and Traverse Tesla Nut Caps (B07MJCGB11)

Tried one service center who refused to sell the S Aluminum caps due to not having a model S vin number.
Purchased that TSportline, which took 10 days to ship. This is the OEM Tesla S cap ($17 retail) plus their own brushed plastic silver caps.
I should have just used my friends model S vin number, in retrospect, and buy the nut caps on Amazon.

They both look good, and at least the center cap can't be removed with just fingers.
The nut caps can be removed pretty easily with fingers. I thought it would be harder as they include tweezers to pull them off.

Attachments

• IMG_4341.jpg
    IMG_4341.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4340.jpg
    IMG_4340.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 73