Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Charge Door Issue - Please Help if You Know How!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started when I tried to use CCS Adapter (genuine Tesla, bought via its website). Tried to insert but it wouldn’t go in. Forced a bit but still doesn’t work so gave up quickly and drove a SC station. During the drive, I noticed the charging door was open and had problem ever since.

Tried to use app control via phone to open and shut, didn't work. Closed the door manually by hand but it didn’t shut tight and would open later during drive. It would sometimes shut by itself during drive but later open up again and stayed mostly open.

Even tried to power off Tesla (waited at least 2 minutes before rebooting). Still the problem persist.

Any idea???

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 4
Sounds to me like you have a plastic deadfront from your normal charging solution stuck in your charge port.

See if this thread is relevant:

Speculation:

You have had a broken plastic piece from your charging solution in your charge port, but because you normally charge from that same solution, charging works fine because the sleeve is broken off the charge wand and in your charge port.

You tried to use the CCS adapter, but that is new and not broken so it wouldnt push all the way in because of the broken sleeve wedged in your charge port. You pushed on it, which forced the sleeve further into the charge port unknowingly.

All speculation.

Last edited:
Speculation:

You have had a broken plastic piece from your charging solution in your charge port, but because you normally charge from that same solution, charging works fine because the sleeve is broken off the charge wand and in your charge port.

You tried to use the CCS adapter, but that is new and not broken so it wouldnt push all the way in because of the broken sleeve wedged in your charge port. You pushed on it, which forced the sleeve further into the charge port unknowingly.
Not sure if this is it, as I was on the road and have charged successfully in different Supercharger locations since the problem began.

Furthermore, nothing seems to be broken or stuck.

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    844.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1734.jpeg
    IMG_1734.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 1