Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Configurator shows Dec delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just logged in to the model 3 configurator and it now says December delivery for all three versions: MR, AWD & P. The following message is displayed at the bottom of the page.

Order by November 30th to ensure eligibility for the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit. Tesla will expedite shipping for 2018 delivery.

Can they really pull this off? Even for East coast deliveries??

Tesla seems to be making it's delivery targets so yes, I think they can pull it off. They seem to be taking it seriously by acquiring extra car-carrier capacity and ramping up production to 7k M3's per week. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to give some price breaks or free upgrades to anyone who falls through the cracks but I bet the vast majority of folks who order by Nov 30th get their cars this year.

Reactions: suwaneedad
IMO what we are seeing right now is that production is outpacing orders, not unlike what was happening with RWDs several months ago just before and early into the existence of P and AWDs being available for order. The country was fairly flooded with inventory RWDs for much of Q3. We will see all sorts of timeframes between now and 12/31 from people who ordered their cars eons ago, and those who ordered and got their cars within a week. It'll get even more comical as 12/31 draws near and folks who live near Fremont are basically able to show up with a check and drive off with a car same-day.

We should expect east coast and midwest locations to be flooded with inventory Model 3s in the next 3-4 weeks, with remaining 2018 production being held for west coast customers. This is not new behavior, Tesla having honed it for years with S/X.

I just logged in to the model 3 configurator and it now says December delivery for all three versions: MR, AWD & P. The following message is displayed at the bottom of the page.

Order by November 30th to ensure eligibility for the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit. Tesla will expedite shipping for 2018 delivery.

Can they really pull this off? Even for East coast deliveries??
I ordered my extended range AWD on October 31, 2018. Picked it up at the Fremont delivery offices last Friday, November 16, 2018. I would say you will get it in time.