Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Timeline for My MODEL 3 Order - Seeking Insights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this message finds you well. I'm thrilled to be a part of this community and excited to share that I placed an order for my very own Tesla Model 3 just yesterday. The anticipation is growing, and I can hardly wait to have this incredible electric vehicle in my possession.

However, I'm a bit uncertain about the delivery timeline for my Model 3. As a first-time Tesla owner, I'm not quite sure what to expect in terms of when I can realistically anticipate its arrival. While I understand that delivery times can vary based on a variety of factors, I was hoping some of you experienced owners could share your insights or experiences.

Could you kindly provide some information on the typical timeframe between placing an order for a Model 3 and its eventual delivery? I understand that it may vary depending on location, configuration, and current demand, but any ballpark estimates or personal anecdotes would be greatly appreciated.

Hi - I'm in Raleigh too. Delivery times vary, but when you get assigned a VIN things tend to move along quickly. I ordered my Model Y in mid April, told it would take 4-6 weeks, and it arrived in less than a week. You can also check the existing inventory page for the Raleigh location and often they have cars ready for delivery with no wait time, often priced at a discount to the standard pricing.

The link to the Raleigh site for immediate delivery is here: New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

It's probably too late to qualify with a referral link, but if I can provide one if you'd like. That will get both of us some goodies, but it's not critical, just a nice little present. PM me if you'd like the link, but my understanding is that if you've already placed an order you can't use the referral. I'm not sure if you'll get any credit for the test drive either - these offers change pretty often.

Hi - I'm in Raleigh too. Delivery times vary, but when you get assigned a VIN things tend to move along quickly. I ordered my Model Y in mid April, told it would take 4-6 weeks, and it arrived in less than a week. You can also check the existing inventory page for the Raleigh location and often they have cars ready for delivery with no wait time, often priced at a discount to the standard pricing.

The link to the Raleigh site for immediate delivery is here: New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

It's probably too late to qualify with a referral link, but if I can provide one if you'd like. That will get both of us some goodies, but it's not critical, just a nice little present. PM me if you'd like the link, but my understanding is that if you've already placed an order you can't use the referral. I'm not sure if you'll get any credit for the test drive either - these offers change pretty often.
Thanks for your response. I just got my VIN Number today. Im going to get a policy quote for it ASAP. what insurance would you recommend? also I lIve in wake forest , the Supercharger is like 13 miles from me. did you get the wall charger at home ? any ideas please

I have the Tesla Wall Connector - it is among the lowest priced options available and works perfectly with any Tesla. If you ever plan to get a non-Tesla EV they also make a Wall Connector that uses a standard J1772 plug, and a just announced third version that incorporates a connector that provides both NACS and J1772 adapters as standard. I have the J1772 version that works for my Tesla and my wife’s BMW plug in hybrid.

You can use a standard 120 outlet to charge, but it is very slow and should be connected to a 20amp circuit. The SuperChargers are plentiful locally, work well, and are very easy to use - essentially “plug and play”. They store your credit card info and all you do is connect and charge. The sales team will explain it when your car is delivered.

I use GEICO, but any insurance will work. I don’t think my referral link will help since you already ordered the car, but you can try and see if the sales team can help. Antonio does a great job - tell him Len sent you. The referral link is:

Personal experience here, and may be a little more optimistic.

2023 M3 LR

Aug 5 - Order placed + mobile charger
Aug 6 - Mobile charger shipped
Aug 8 - VIN received
Aug 9 - Mobile charger delivered
Aug 14 - Took delivery

I took delivery in Las Vegas, NV. There's a factory close by in California, and one in Texas, so that probably played a part in it.

Does the delivery date ever change? I have a delivery for Sept 4 -11th, I have sold my car and now looks like I have to go get a rental in the meantime.
Have you looked at inventory cars? There are a ton of brand new LRs available near Raleigh for $3-5k discount and you could probably pick one up almost immediately.

I picked an inventory car on Saturday and they wanted me to pick it up as early as Tuesday.

the Supercharger is like 13 miles from me. did you get the wall charger at home ? any ideas please

You should definitely get home charging, preferably Tesla's Wall Connector. You can safely skip the Universal / J1772 version - all EVs will be using Tesla's NACS connector within the next 2 years.

Home charging is a fantastic game-changer, and should be vastly less expensive for charging.

I second what others are saying... you could probably pick up a new inventory vehicle right now. You may lose your deposit, but it'll probably cost you more than your deposit to rent a car for 2-3 weeks... and the inventory cars are discounted.

Congrats on the new car - your going to really enjoy it!