Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 customizing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that any automotive manufacturer needs to pay close attention to is the interior. After all, when you are driving, the interior is a large percentage of the user experience. Other brands are really stepping up to catch and exceed Tesla and some are doing some pretty edgy stuff. Having a wider view driver's display with easier to see and those non-interactive readout features like odometer/power/speed would be very useful, not only on the 3 but the S. Having a center console for storage is nice, but attention to detail is critical. Before buying the S, I sat in Jaguar, Cadillac, and a Porsche Pan and my knee bone was resting against either the dash or center console...uncomfortable on an hour+ drive. No console at all is better than one that leaves me bruised.
On the exterior, though not as sleek as Model S, it is still better than the other offerings, but again, that will change by 2018. One way to mitigate that is for Telsa to make the 3 easier to personalize. All the talk about the front grille or lack of it is an opportunity. Tesla owners are early adopters, renegades to tradition. They want their car to be 'cool' but also unique. There will be a lot of Model 3s on the road by 2020 and uniqueness may give way to a feeling of design contempt. By make the grill an opportunity to choose among several inexpensive and interchangeable looks, they can keep it fresh and perhaps even change the way depreciation robs value.