Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went into Tesla yesterday and ended up placing an order for a Model 3 Dual Motor. They had it in stock and got it the same day. It was very dark at night so I was not really able to see any defects.

1) Tesla Rear logo is missing. Is it supposed to be like this? I contacted the salesperson and was told "If you get the dual motor model it does not have the logo.." I looked at pictures on google and the dual motor cars have the Tesla logo on the rear.

2) Rear right taillight has water condensation. Salesperson said "It is due to humidity and will go away." I have had many cars in the past, it is not supposed to be like this..

3) Few Scratches on side passenger door and rear bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2642.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2645.JPG
    IMG_2645.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2646.JPG
    IMG_2646.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 54
Went into Tesla yesterday and ended up placing an order for a Model 3 Dual Motor. They had it in stock and got it the same day. It was very dark at night so I was not really able to see any defects.

1) Tesla Rear logo is missing. Is it supposed to be like this? I contacted the salesperson and was told "If you get the dual motor model it does not have the logo.." I looked at pictures on google and the dual motor cars have the Tesla logo on the rear.

2) Rear right taillight has water condensation. Salesperson said "It is due to humidity and will go away." I have had many cars in the past, it is not supposed to be like this..

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forums.

1. Total BS about the rear T logo from the salesman. I have dual motor and mine had the T logo front and rear. However; it didn’t come with the dual motor badge on delivery.

2. The condensation doesn’t look too bad. I’d have the SC make note of it and if gets worse they can fix it.

3. Scratches can be taken care of easily as long as they’re not deeper than the clear coat. It shouldn’t involve repainting unless it’s beyond the clear coat layer.

Honestly, from my experience and some of the others in this forum , if those are your only issues you’re fortunate. I’d just have them give you a new T logo for the rear and take care of the scratches. And you just made it for the $7500 tax credit.

All Dual Motors models my friends bought in last couple of months have the Tesla Logo in the back. Infact we got one 2 days ago and it has both Tesla Logo as well as Dual Motor logo.

Condensation I observed once in my car, but it went away next day and have not seen it again. So I am keeping an eye on it.
Scratches and all, Yes Tesla service center should be able to take care of those and should not be a problem.

Overall, I got feedback from many of friend who bought model 3 this month saying sales experience is the worst they ever had. That is very unfortunate. But I told them it is only for an hour two, but later you will enjoy the car for several years. Many bought because of me...gave them test rides, and convinced.

1) BS. Newer are factory installed. Older ones can order them.
2) BS.
3) Can be fixed.

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the forums.

1. Total BS about the rear T logo from the salesman. I have dual motor and mine had the T logo front and rear. However; it didn’t come with the dual motor badge on delivery.

2. The condensation doesn’t look too bad. I’d have the SC make note of it and if gets worse they can fix it.

3. Scratches can be taken care of easily as long as they’re not deeper than the clear coat. It shouldn’t involve repainting unless it’s beyond the clear coat layer.

Honestly, from my experience and some of the others in this forum , if those are your only issues you’re fortunate. I’d just have them give you a new T logo for the rear and take care of the scratches. And you just made it for the $7500 tax credit.

lol yea I was lucky to get it before the tax credit.
The bumper scratch is past the clear coat, and side doors are not as deep. The condensation is a bit too much honesty