Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

De-badged rear Model 3 Long Range...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally had some decent weather to remove the rear "T" logo and the "Dual Motor" badge. I replaced them with the T E S L A logo in black. Very stealth. I'm also trying to order the official 1694512-00-D part from Tesla. Thoughts? 2022 Model 3 Long Range

IMG_3523.jpg

Isn't it more stealth to just have no badges at all? Or do we legally have to have them?
lol, I was thinking the same. Our Tesla has no badging at all. Removed all of it. I hate trying to clean between them and don't care to advertise that I drive a Tesla...not like everyone doesn't already know with them being as common as Civics/Corolla

Kinda don't get it on a production car. "Shaving" a custom car is a different matter. Are you embarrassed about driving a Tesla, or do you just like to be different?
Embarrassed not at all. I always hated the "Dual Motor" and love the all black look. I have ordered the official TESLA letter logo from Tesla parts and I am just waiting for them to show up and I might put on the chrome ones, instead of all black. I"m just not sure the quality of the logo I bought from Amazon for the long term.

Any luck ordering the official 1694512-00-D part for this? The OEM lettering i find is a bit smaller than most of the aftermarket ones for sale.. and would love to get my hands on this.
(i've also tried contacting tesla support for this, and being a Y owner, it was a no go. )

Any luck ordering the official 1694512-00-D part for this? The OEM lettering i find is a bit smaller than most of the aftermarket ones for sale.. and would love to get my hands on this.
(i've also tried contacting tesla support for this, and being a Y owner, it was a no go. )
Hi there,

I was able to order 1694512-00-D from my local Tesla dealer. Because the 2024 Model 3 is in the parts catalog now, I was able to order for CAD $40 . You have to open a service appointment in the app, and choose "Other", and then "Something Else" and then quote the part above. it's a dumb way to order as you have to book a service appointment. They should have an option to order parts from the app, but this is the process that worked for me. I have at letters at home, but I have installed them yet.

I'll post a pic if you would like to see what it looks like.

Hi there,

I was able to order 1694512-00-D from my local Tesla dealer. Because the 2024 Model 3 is in the parts catalog now, I was able to order for CAD $40 . You have to open a service appointment in the app, and choose "Other", and then "Something Else" and then quote the part above. it's a dumb way to order as you have to book a service appointment. They should have an option to order parts from the app, but this is the process that worked for me. I have at letters at home, but I have installed them yet.

I'll post a pic if you would like to see what it looks like.
Good to know, thanks! Please share pics when you have them installed -- i'd love to see how they look.
I'm still on the fence whether the $20 premium and trying to find someone to help me order one (im a Y owner) is worth the $/effort, but pics would help with that decision!

IMG_3743.jpg

This is the official logo from the part number 1694512-00-D from TESLA. Unfortunately the letters are all crooked and misaligned. However it won't affect when I install them. This is how I picked up the strip exactly like the above, no other shipping packaging.

If you buy a logo from Amazon, watch out for the "A", most I saw, the top part is flipped.

Reactions: Jerick
View attachment 1029198

This is the official logo from the part number 1694512-00-D from TESLA. Unfortunately the letters are all crooked and misaligned. However it won't affect when I install them. This is how I picked up the strip exactly like the above, no other shipping packaging.

If you buy a logo from Amazon, watch out for the "A", most I saw, the top part is flipped.
Thanks for sharing. OEM is only available in chrome right? Hard to tell from the pic. Thanks.