Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: Duplicate Driver Profiles After Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On our Tesla Model 3, my wife and I each have a profile. I believe it was right after a software update to the car, we each gained an extra profile. You can see them in the image. Our original profiles are Mark and Diane. Now we also have Mark F and Diane F. And each of those two have a note of when they were last synced.

What should we do about this? Just delete the newly created one? Or delete the older ones?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 38
The newly created ones are Tesla cloud profiles. They are linked to your Tesla account and (supposedly) contain the same settings that your offline profiles (the ones that dont say "synced x minutes ago" under them, do.

Cloud profiles offer some convenience, especially if you have more than one Tesla, as many of your settings will travel between the cars (like media settings, HVAC settings, etc).

Its up to you what you do with the offline profiles (the ones that dont say synced x minutes ago under them). I deleted my offline profiles after the cloud profile activated, as I like the cloud profile portability.

The newly created ones are Tesla cloud profiles. They are linked to your Tesla account and (supposedly) contain the same settings that your offline profiles (the ones that dont say "synced x minutes ago" under them, do.

Cloud profiles offer some convenience, especially if you have more than one Tesla, as many of your settings will travel between the cars (like media settings, HVAC settings, etc).
Thank you. We only have one Tesla, but still, it sounds like I might as well keep the new cloud profiles and delete the original, non-cloud profiles. Is that right?

Thank you. We only have one Tesla, but still, it sounds like I might as well keep the new cloud profiles and delete the original, non-cloud profiles. Is that right?

Thats what I would do, after making sure that the cloud profile is setup how you want, phone key linked to appropriate profiles, etc.

Reactions: MarkFromSLO