Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 front screeching sound.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back home and went to reverse onto the drive and I have got a really loud screeching sound coming from the right front wheel. Rolled forward and the same sound but not as bad. Then back again really slow and same loud screech notice. It's only coming from the front right..

Just started out of the blue. Anyone had this before or got any ideas.. need to go out tomorrow and want to take the car.

To confirm it was a stone. Tried going back and forward last night but the noise was just getting worse. This morning took it for another spin road the block. The whole world seemed to be watching me as it's so loud and the car is so quiet.. LOL.
In the end took it to a car park and some quick reversing at full lock sorted it straight out..
Back to its quiet self again.

To confirm it was a stone. Tried going back and forward last night but the noise was just getting worse. This morning took it for another spin road the block. The whole world seemed to be watching me as it's so loud and the car is so quiet.. LOL.
In the end took it to a car park and some quick reversing at full lock sorted it straight out..
Back to its quiet self again.

It’s such a loud squeal you think the car is falling apart. Glad you got it sorted.

Many years ago, I had a Fiat 500 as a hire car in either Gran Canary or Corfu, can't remember exactly which holiday. Decided to find the highest place on the island and ended up driving up a steep metal (gravel) road, as you do with hire cars. I think there was some radio station at the top, or at least as far as we could drive. At some point, I picked up a stone and the noise got worse and worse. I had thought that it would free at some point so being literally in the middle of no where (and days before mobile phones), we pushed on down until we found civilisation. Except we didn't. There was this almighty bang and we lost all drive. Yep, the stone had literally cut the driveshaft in half. Thankfully, after walking to find help, we came across this lone house. Inside was this lady and either he son or grandson - she did not speak a word of English, but he did, having learned everything from watching (mostly) American movies. It was a really weird and unforgettable experience. We were so thankful for these peoples help and the hire company were great too. I'm glad that the young lads movie taste were more Terminator than Deliverance...

Reactions: Roy W.
Took this up with the service centre. It is a known issue and it cannot be avoided in damp weather. Another California issue?

I don't think this what the OP is talking about. I can't remember the last time mine made a squeal and it's certainly been "damp weather". My brakes make exactly the same kind of noises as on any other car with disc brakes that I have had over many years. Yes, they might make a rubbing noise after being parked up in damp weather but that's normally gone very quickly.