Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Frunk Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can these sort of alignment issues with the frunk be easily corrected? Anyone with an automotive background to provide some guidance.

Tesla Model 3 -Frunk_01.jpg
Tesla Model 3 - Frunk_02.jpg

If this is really your car, why accept it without commenting to the delivery center staff?

I did not say the car was mine. I saw the vehicle at a Tesla store and wondered if the condition could be easily corrected or was considered within specification.

I stated in the original post 'Anyone with an automotive background to provide some guidance'.

Do you have an automotive background or experience?

I did not say the car was mine. I saw the vehicle at a Tesla store and wondered if the condition could be easily corrected or was considered within specification.

I stated in the original post 'Anyone with an automotive background to provide some guidance'.

1. Thats probably why Twiglett stated 'IF its really your car'
2. Easily corrected @ home by owner, or fixed by Tesla at a service center? Your original post is not very clear
3. I've been driving for years, that definitely qualifies as automotive experience - much like everyone else on this forum. I have no professional history in the automotive world, but I have rebuilt cars in my personal life. Your request is vague
4. Twiglett's post was very helpful in suggesting that you can request Tesla to fix this before accepting the vehicle and not necessarily something you would have to do post-delivery.
5. To answer your question: It's fairly common, and not a difficult fix from Tesla. Generally, a couple bolts loosened on the hinges, adjusted, and tightened.

Also, there is a search function on this forum that will provide you with dozens of threads on this very topic.

You don't need an "automotive background" to get the service or delivery center to correct a fitment problem, which was my point and why I asked if it was your car.
Simple fix with no tools required ;)