Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 July Delivery (Should be)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AWD>

Jan 28, 2018
No
For sale is my wife’s Model 3. We’ve purchased the 3 and we are waiting for delivery. The delivery window reached week 5 of 6 as of today (21 May), but I received notice from Tesla that it “should” now be ready in July (see email).

Model 3 Options:
Long Range Battery
Premium Upgrades
Pearl White Paint
18” Aero Wheels
Enhanced Auto Pilot

All options minus:
Full Self Drive (Still available to add)
Sport Wheels (Still available to add)

Will cost more and would need to know sooner rather than later. I do believe I could reconfigure if desired since the date got moved from May to July. I am unable to reconfigure to AWD or Performance.

Before we entered into the purchase agreement, I spoke with Tesla about AWD and Performance models. I didn’t want to purchase and end up with AWD/Performance released in the next 9-12 months or we’d just wait to configure those options. I was assured via phone they were still ramping up and those options (AWD Performance) were not going to be available for months.

As everyone knows, they released the AWD Performance last week. Pretty cool, but not impressed with the customer service in this instance.

At any rate, here we are with a purchase agreement on my wife’s LR RWD and we want the AWD Performance. We have a second reservation in place now, so this Model 3 needs to go vice selling our Model S in the short term.

Asking $57500, plus extra if you want any changes made (at Tesla’s cost and whether they allow it).

For $57500, I’ll fly you out to Oklahoma City and hand you $500 for incidentals on the drive home or ship the Model 3 to you (CONUS Only, up to $1000).

The catch, delivery is now in July and the delivery is in OK and to me since we have paid for the vehicle (nice interest free loan to Tesla, don’t know how that’s legal for them). The title will be in my name and the tax credit would not be able to transfer to you. I’m sorry, and quite frankly, disappointed.

Not many hoops, just want our money untied.

The price is set to hopefully break even and pass along the M3 to a great home. The tax credit will tentatively cut in July, so my wife and I will most likely lose money in the end, thanks Tesla :)

If someone is interested, please PM me.

Thank you!

CJ

8371A77C-5D1A-474F-8ED7-CF5E5B7EF6A0.jpeg

00043840-4331-4B91-B04B-6E1ABDEA4ABF.jpeg
BDC63DB4-A5BF-4DE2-B43D-F280B61544DB.jpeg

Reactions: dhrivnak
Thank you for your opinion, however, I beg to differ.

Tesla can’t keep up with their own allocations which is why we are delayed from next week to July and the tax credit will cut in July.
They are delaying delivery until July so that they delay 200,000 US deliveries until July. That will mean the full $7500 tax credit will be available through December 2018. A $3750 tax credit will be available through June 2019 and a $1875 tax credit will be available through December 2019.

It's the number of deliveries, not orders, which affect when the tax credit starts to phase out. Elon said that they would try to make it so the largest number of people possible would qualify for the full tax credit and that Tesla could delay deliveries to a later quarter to accomplish this. This is why they started delivering the Model 3 to Canada so that they could still have sales but not hit the 200,000 delivery mark in the US before July 1st.

Even if they hit 200,000 deliveries in the US this quarter, the $7500 tax credit would last through September 2018, the $3750 tax credit would last through March 2019 and the $1875 tax credit would last through September 2019.

I believe it’s based on the quarter. July is 3rd Qtr 18. If they hit 200k in Jun, it’d be $7500 in Jun and cut in Jul.

Personally, I’d like it to be as you stated and end of the year, even better. I do not believe that’s the case.

I am also under the impression that more were ordered and will be delivered faster. It is absolutely based on deliveries. They’re pushing more though and delivering more now it would seem.

At any rate, thank you for the info. The 200k and credit phase out data points would be great to have hard data on vice speculation.

How the tax break will be phased out
The phaseout calendar starts once 200,000th qualifying vehicle is delivered. Buyers still get the full tax credit in that quarter and the quarter that follows. After that, the tax credit is halved (to $3,750) for two quarters and halved again (to $1,875) for the following two quarters. After that, it's gone.

Example: Suppose Tesla sells the 200,000th qualifying vehicle in July.

• Buyers in the third and fourth quarters of 2018 will continue to get the full credit;
  • Buyers in the first half of 2019 will get a credit of $3,750;
  • Buyers in the second half of 2019 will get a credit of $1,875;
  • Buyers after that get no federal tax credit.
(Here's How Tesla's Tax Credits Will Phase Out)