Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s going on with MY Performance inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been tracking inventory of LR MY vehicles for about a month now. There are plenty of LR AWD MY’s in stock but Tesla-info.com shows only one MY Performance in the entire country. Are they still making them? Any guess as to why there is such a shortage?

There were a few in stock right before the POS tax credit became available but they got snapped up within minutes once the tax credit went live. They were being discounted down to $47K for the 2023 MSM/black models.

A side note... I picked up my new MYP mid October last year... to date I have not seen another on the road locally (SF Bay area). Wondering if it's a supply issue or if shelling out the extra $$ doesn't appeal to many people?

In my case for example... if the decision was left solely to my wife she'd be driving a RWD & never know the difference.

Reactions: NCRiderSW
Most people don’t care for the Performance version so why pay more if you’re not going to use it.

The LR is likely going to be much quicker than any ICE vehicle people are coming from anyways. And judging by how slow most teslas drive around me, everyone is likely just in Chill mode so then there’s really zero difference.

I would have gone for the 3P if it had a factory 19” wheel option. Didn’t want the Uberturbines because I don’t care for the design and didn’t want rubber band tires. Nor did I want to buy a whole set of wheels and tires right off the bat on top of the increased cost of the Performance.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
probably less demand. harsh suspension, large wheels less range, thin low profile tires. wider rear wheels/tires does not allow for proper rotation. tires more expensive to replace. .5s faster 0-60 doesn't appeal to the average buyer looking for a family vehicle. those that really want a Performance will do a custom order and pay full price. the name of the game for car manufacturers and dealerships is to move product as fast as possible and to sell everything, the longer a vehicle sits on the lot the bigger the discount they will have to give to get it sold.

Tesla is currently redesigning Model 3 Performance and likely about to enter production with new seats, maybe plaid motors. Isn't it possible that Tesla has stopped production of Model Y Performance and selling all the inventory to prepare for a new Model Y Performance starting production in March? New seats, LED light bar in cabin, removal of wood trim for fabric, new steering wheel without stalks, 2nd row touchscreen?

I don't think they completely stopped MYP production, i did see 2 available in inventory about 3 weeks ago, they sold within a day. i think they are only being made to order. So, they don't have to lose $3-5,000 from the inventory discounts.

Reactions: NCRiderSW
Tesla is currently redesigning Model 3 Performance and likely about to enter production with new seats, maybe plaid motors. Isn't it possible that Tesla has stopped production of Model Y Performance and selling all the inventory to prepare for a new Model Y Performance starting production in March? New seats, LED light bar in cabin, removal of wood trim for fabric, new steering wheel without stalks, 2nd row touchscreen?
Model Y refresh is probably a year out at least. We would have seen leaks and prototypes by now if they were starting production next month.

Will we see new MYP at discounts on inventory later this quarter? Upset I missed the inventory in December. Was waiting for point of sale tax credit to be rolled out

Sorry for the question I’m new to this

A side note... I picked up my new MYP mid October last year... to date I have not seen another on the road locally (SF Bay area). Wondering if it's a supply issue or if shelling out the extra $$ doesn't appeal to many people?

In my case for example... if the decision was left solely to my wife she'd be driving a RWD & never know the difference.
She smarter than you.

• Funny
Reactions: mborkow
I cancelled my MYP order and decided on an inventory MYLR. The change saved me about $6.5K.

I cancelled my MYP order and decided on an inventory MYLR. The change saved me about $6.5K.
I picked up MYLR today. Build quality has improved drastically in less than two years and I thought my 2022 MYLR was very good.