Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance or Model 3 Long range (Highlander)

Model 3 performance ($95000+) replaced with Model 3 Long range Highlander ($76500), what you would?

• None - better wait for Cybertruck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Major shakeup from Tesla by not having performance model online for order anymore... however having longer range, AWD model available where initially you can claim EV feebate and potentially you could get performance upgrade as add-on after purchase.... what would be your ideal choice?

Fully refreshed, high range, AWD, Model 3?
Current trusty M3P?
or better just wait around for Cybertruck?

Not sure how useful this survey will be for you.
IMHO, the decision to buy the Performance is at least partially emotional, it’s more desire than actual need.
Even a standard range is enough performance for me but I would choose a long range as I have a regular 160Km drive, which sometimes includes some additional detours and a Long Range will do that with less worry or planning than a standard range.

Reactions: Audietron
Not sure how useful this survey will be for you.
IMHO, the decision to buy the Performance is at least partially emotional, it’s more desire than actual need.
Even a standard range is enough performance for me but I would choose a long range as I have a regular 160Km drive, which sometimes includes some additional detours and a Long Range will do that with less worry or planning than a standard range.
well said... I intended to start the conversation - but ended up trying the feature i never tried before... poll has no value - just trying to get others view.

because, I for the one, see this will on one hand significantly reduce resell value of performance M3, on the other hand, sell more AWD cars, as now one can be bought under 80K.

Hopefully Tesla do produce the performance Highland

Is the performwce upgrade for M3
available in NZ. From memory it makes the AWD pretty close to the PM3. Although you don't get the 20" wheels, large brakes, shiny pedals and red underline badge
Not sure if it adds Track mode
That's upgrade option... software based...
by the looks of it... Tesla is trying out plenty software based limitations etc in recent... Like model S/X standard version disaster.

Absolutely.
I use its potential very infrequently, but when I do, it spreads a grin from ear to ear!
I saw a snippet earlier that there may be a "Plaid" Model 3, perhaps with a third motor.
That would be something else again, beware you BMW upstarts... :)

• Funny
Absolutely.
I use its potential very infrequently, but when I do, it spreads a grin from ear to ear!
I saw a snippet earlier that there may be a "Plaid" Model 3, perhaps with a third motor.
That would be something else again, beware you BMW upstarts... :)
sorry to break bad news, but plaid is reserved with Model S and X... even for Cybertruck they have performance version.. something mentioned in most recent article as below:

Good link, thanks.
Not bad news at all, I have a 10-year investment here, largely due to Tesla's astonishing devaluation pricing practices!
I would hate to see my 3P become totally irrelevant in the performance stakes :)
do you mean, you will hold onto it for 10 years?

Good on you.

I had plan to keep my Tesla until Model S/X or Cybertruck available... sold model 3 earlier this month and received Model Y... which I like or not will be replaced for sure with Cybertruck... luckily there was one off FSD transfer available so I jumped on opportunity. I hope I can do the same when Cybertruck finally shows up in next 2-3 years.

In 2021 when I got my first Tesla, resell values were amazing as very few Tesla were around... then market flooded and Tesla started changing car faster than Samsung changes galaxy models, and market started getting super volatile or crash in a way for used cars.

Yes I made a big fuss at the time of purchase, of how my $110k EV was going to be CHEAPER than an ICE vehicle costing $20k less, over a 10 year lifespan.
A great deal of that was in the low depreciation.
Now with RUC looming, and Musk chopping $20k off the value at a stroke by dropping new car prices, this sum doesn't stack up anymore.
All that's left is to prolong the pleasure of ownership, as long as the wheels stay on!

• Funny
Yes I made a big fuss at the time of purchase, of how my $110k EV was going to be CHEAPER than an ICE vehicle costing $20k less, over a 10 year lifespan.
A great deal of that was in the low depreciation.
Now with RUC looming, and Musk chopping $20k off the value at a stroke by dropping new car prices, this sum doesn't stack up anymore.
All that's left is to prolong the pleasure of ownership, as long as the wheels stay on!
I guess you meant as long as batteries hold up.... better try to get batteries replaced by year 7th... you will definitely end up with better battery, potentially higher capacity, and most likely some MUC upgrade around same time if not already replaced few times by than.

With Tesla cars and technology and hardware changes with them... you will be having a vintage Tesla with rare HW3 version and first generation LEF batteries.... a collector or researcher's car.