Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s going on with MY Performance inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 2024 performance MY yesterday from inventory for what I thought was "immediate" delivery. The car was showing as available at the Tesla location near my home in Southern California. After a test drive, I placed the order from the Tesla location with the sales guy sitting next to me to ensure I received FSD and charging transfers.

I was expecting delivery yesterday or today. When I called the delivery team, they told me they cannot deliver performance models yet because they do not yet have EPA or California CARB certifications. So I'm on hold for "weeks". This was not disclosed when I placed the order. I wasted several hours going to carmax, etc., not to mention with the Tesla team.

Has anyone actually taken delivery of a 2024 performance MY?

Model Y and Model S dual motor are on delivery hold due to EPA certification issues.

Interesting. I haven’t heard this. It must be very new information.

Model Y and Model S dual motor are on delivery hold due to EPA certification issues.

Thanks for linking to that. Crazy that the sales guys apparently did not know that. Will be interesting to see what happens - I was motivated because of the promotions for charging/FSD transfer. Deadline for delivery on that is 3/31/24 . . . so I have time.

I wonder if they're still manufacturing performance models? If so, the will be a glut when this finally gets unlocked.

I ordered a 2024 performance MY yesterday from inventory for what I thought was "immediate" delivery. The car was showing as available at the Tesla location near my home in Southern California. After a test drive, I placed the order from the Tesla location with the sales guy sitting next to me to ensure I received FSD and charging transfers.

I was expecting delivery yesterday or today. When I called the delivery team, they told me they cannot deliver performance models yet because they do not yet have EPA or California CARB certifications. So I'm on hold for "weeks". This was not disclosed when I placed the order. I wasted several hours going to carmax, etc., not to mention with the Tesla team.

Has anyone actually taken delivery of a 2024 performance MY?

I had a similar issue. The existing inventory said the MYP was available for immediate delivery, but they wanted me to wait four days. so confusing