Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Keyfob Gen2 Battery Life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really annoyed that when I asked Tesla for an exchange they sent me a RMA letter with return shipping label. No other details. Then they refunded me the Key fob with a 15% restocking fee despite it me requesting an exchange.

Just be aware....no choice but to pay it at this point since they aren't responding to follow ups.

Really annoyed that when I asked Tesla for an exchange they sent me a RMA letter with return shipping label. No other details. Then they refunded me the Key fob with a 15% restocking fee despite it me requesting an exchange.

Just be aware....no choice but to pay it at this point since they aren't responding to follow ups.

mine is still going strong from new.

have you checked the location you keep it, to ensure it’s. It constantly connected killing them battery. ?
A new one won’t solve the problem, if this is the case.

BTW got my replacement FIB around end of Nov. Or early Dec.

Been more than a month now and the still on the original battery! I also started putting it in a metal piggy bank everynight so that might also be an impact. Going to try it without the metal box and see if its really just a defective fob.

Reactions: APotatoGod
BTW got my replacement FIB around end of Nov. Or early Dec.

Been more than a month now and the still on the original battery! I also started putting it in a metal piggy bank everynight so that might also be an impact. Going to try it without the metal box and see if its really just a defective fob.

keep us up to date! My wife lost my gen 1, so I’ll have to grab a new one.

Reactions: APotatoGod
That's my bet. My first Model S fob battery lasted 2.5 years, the entire time I owned the S 90D!

When I was searching around history of key fob and battery issues it seems a lot of S/X owners also had issues if the FOB was located relatively near the vehicle draining it within a week or so like my scenario. I'm going to go ahead and do a confirmation test by not putting it in the metal piggy.