Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Locking Unlocking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our front room where we relax in the evening is about 5 meters from our car (from couch to car)
Our first evening test Showed the wife's phone didnt unlock the car from the couch. I'll check again tonight!
My main irritation was the proximity seems to keep the car awake till we move upstairs and to bed...
IFTTT is a genius idea!
P.S. The phone being a key is a big selling point. It's great convenience. On this point, dont 'have' to drive the car. It's good looking, you can just admire it and play computer games ;-).
On another unforseen irritation of the phone being a key. I cant put the kids in the car and then go lock the house without it locking! Grr. I haven't heard the alarm go off mind.

If you want Bluetooth turning off/on at a preset time, use the app IFTTT (If This Then That)

You search for "Turn bluetooth off at this time" and enter your Days you want it too happen, Time that you want it too turn off

Same as above for "On" in the morning

I set mine to turn off at 8pm and on at 5am (You can still override this if you need to use it). Just an added security if you forget too turn it off in the first place.

Also someone mention that the Google Pixel 3 had a huge bluetooth range.

Mine is a Razor phone and bluetooth is really short range (less than 1m)
Ahah! Excellent, thanks for this.

Reactions: davidmc