Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR (right hand drive) - Clicking/Popping passenger side.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced their car making this clicking/popping sound (see video). My car does it for the first 5 or 10 mins of driving after the car has been parked for a few hours. I suspect that it is coming from the speakers on the front passenger side but I'm not sure. I've made an appointment at the SC but I suspect it won't do it while they have it.

Has anyone experienced their car making this clicking/popping sound (see video). My car does it for the first 5 or 10 mins of driving after the car has been parked for a few hours. I suspect that it is coming from the speakers on the front passenger side but I'm not sure. I've made an appointment at the SC but I suspect it won't do it while they have it.

I should add that it just started doing it about a month ago when the car was about 6 months old and done 12,000 kms.

I have the same issue. Can't recreate it, can't predict it. At first I thought it was an indication (i.e. a feature) but I now think it's a bug. Let me know if you figure it out. I'll do the same. Cheers
is your car still doing it?

I missed two service appointments due to a family emergency so Tesla never had a chance to inspect the car. I did provide them with the video though and they told me it would be best to bring it in to be checked. The car has now stopped doing it, so I'm not sure if it is due to a software update or if it is due to change of weather conditions. When this issue first started it was during summer, now we are in winter and it no longer does it. Time will tell, if it starts doing it again when the weather warms up then it must have something to do with temperature.

I may have the same issue - 2022 M3 RWD, first batch MIC into Aust. Always suspected either speaker or sticky residue. Have disconnected all speakers on left side but still persist. Seems more frequent when warm. Always a single pop. Have reseated the door trim, secured down all loose cables, etc. None worked. Twice with SC but they couldn't repro issue. Have taken trim off VCLeft and is next area I'm looking into. Got myself a stethoscope and will try and narrow down.