Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR RWD and AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are you sure about this? isn't the price of the autopilot higher post-delivery typically?

It could be that $3k is higher cost for AP in the RWD than all the online configs. Standard+ gets AP for $2k, AWD for $1k and Performance for free compared to before AP was included.

I would also like to have it confirmed we would really like a LR RWD either with or without AP, but not for $3k!

We just bought a LR RWD a week ago, and what is happening is that you can not order those new, but there are ones around at dealers. If it is sitting at a dealer, then it will use the "old" pricing from when the car was built. That means separate cost for AP and such. If you buy a new one, configured with the new prices, the base price went up but AP and EAP come already included. I think that it was a difference for $2000 to go from LR RWD with EAP to the new offering of LR AWD with the EAP bundled in the price. They just really want everyone to have EAP now, so they are not making it an option, just increasing the base price.

This could be wrong, but that is my understanding. It is nice that existing cars sitting at dealers, they will give you the price based on when it was built since they just increased the price of some things.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: rickdogg82