Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR RWD Low VIN Concern?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a VIN 72xx and it is solid. No build issues at all. I just took it to work for a group that supplies to automotive companies and he looked CLOSE for fit and finish as there have been so many reports. And he was amazed he could not find any issues.

Wonderful news.
I'm convinced (but can't prove it) that your M3 was assembled at a "high point" when most of the assembly issues had been worked out.
Now, with the recent ramp-up, quality control appears to have slipped (based on numerous owner reports). One writer even suggested that recent shoddy assembly is okay .... leaving it up to the SC to correct the defects.
If that is indeed the current policy .... it is a faulty rationale.

Wonderful news.
I'm convinced (but can't prove it) that your M3 was assembled at a "high point" when most of the assembly issues had been worked out.
Now, with the recent ramp-up, quality control appears to have slipped (based on numerous owner reports). One writer even suggested that recent shoddy assembly is okay .... leaving it up to the SC to correct the defects.
If that is indeed the current policy .... it is a faulty rationale.
I think that is likely a writer without a Model 3. A good friend got one last week and he LOVES it. No issues.

Reactions: Stirfelt
Now that a few months have gone by I’d like everyone’s opinion on a super low VIN (under 1000) used M3 for sale in my area. Car appears to be well kept, but I can’t see panel gap issues from pictures. The suspension issue has been fixed by Tesla. I imagine it has the original rear seats with less padding and I imagine it has the wind noise issue with the windshield.
My question is, how much of a risk is buying an under 1000 VIN M3?