Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's not correct IMO. Tesla has sold a Performance "Lite" before. What they have never done is name it "Performance" and give you a LR Dual Motor instead. That's asking for bad press in a market already showing bias against EVs.

Yeah he’s definitely not right. The performance “Lite” is the same as the “real” performance, the only things missing are the upgraded tyres, suspension brakes and spoiler. In many ways it’s actually a good deal as in other markets buyers looking for performance have to pay for all those extras as the unbundled option doesn’t exist for some of them.

I also compared our pricing of the performance model fully loaded and it’s fairly reasonable and in fact slightly cheaper than in some other markets.

Yeah he’s definitely not right. The performance “Lite” is the same as the “real” performance, the only things missing are the upgraded tyres, suspension brakes and spoiler. In many ways it’s actually a good deal as in other markets buyers looking for performance have to pay for all those extras as the unbundled option doesn’t exist for some of them.

I also compared our pricing of the performance model fully loaded and it’s fairly reasonable and in fact slightly cheaper than in some other markets.
I've pointed this out to him on Twitter the first time he raised this, but it seems he's just after views using a clickbait title. Oh well.

I'm determined to wait until there aren't any more cashed-up people left to throw all their money at Elon. He needs to make his money on a limited supply and that's fine, but eventually they'll want more money and come to us later.

It is inevitable that the LR RWD/AWD offering will come out in my view - just be patient folks. Tesla has changed their offerings so many times in a few short years - one thing is certain with this company is that change is inevitable.

April 2nd 2016 - it's been a long wait only to have the desired model off the menu.

LR RWD I believe is a great fit for Australia for rural/semi-rural and city dwellers who enjoy a road trip. I'm not saying the SR+ isn't capable but we don't have the charging infrastructure like other markets (yet). Pretty typical strategy by Tesla to push buyers into the more expensive option.

I can easily justify the need for performance, I just can't justify the additional spend.

$80k driveway for a LR RWD and I'll place my order now. Unfortunately it looks like we are sitting tight...

April 2nd 2016 - it's been a long wait only to have the desired model off the menu.

LR RWD I believe is a great fit for Australia for rural/semi-rural and city dwellers who enjoy a road trip. I'm not saying the SR+ isn't capable but we don't have the charging infrastructure like other markets (yet). Pretty typical strategy by Tesla to push buyers into the more expensive option.

I can easily justify the need for performance, I just can't justify the additional spend.

$80k driveway for a LR RWD and I'll place my order now. Unfortunately it looks like we are sitting tight...
Besides that, the RWD LR has a greater range than any of the AWD
and it's a great replacement for my Model S 85 RWD.

I convinced my oldman to reserve a Model 3 back in 2016 but unfortunately the lack of the LR RWD has resulted in him pulling the trigger on an ICE car and cancelling his reservation. Hard to sell an old dog new tricks, especially when the wait is so long and the practical option is not available.

Disappointed for him...