Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 making toybox noises when opening doors [playing music when door is opened]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my model three performance for two weeks. Yesterday when i opened the door to get in when leaving work the la cucaracha played once in the interior. I don't remember seeing a setting for this or changing anything for this to happen. Minor detail I know but how can I make this stop? Thanks In advance, David

I have had my model three performance for two weeks. Yesterday when i opened the door to get in when leaving work the la cucaracha played once in the interior. I don't remember seeing a setting for this or changing anything for this to happen. Minor detail I know but how can I make this stop? Thanks In advance, David
LOL, I don't think that's a thing.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
I finally got it to stop by simply changing the audio to radio. I dont really listen to music but when i changed the audio source the sound on door opening stopped. Thanks for reading and trying to help

I finally got it to stop by simply changing the audio to radio. I dont really listen to music but when i changed the audio source the sound on door opening stopped. Thanks for reading and trying to help

That means that whatever source you had on before that is the one that was playing the music. That wasnt the "car"playing the music, it was whatever music source was selected.

Sometimes people have their phone selected and are using it to play music from an app (for example, spotify), but the phone may default to the native music app on the phone vs the one the person selected. Sometimes its the streaming media (used to be slacker, not sure what its called now).

Its your music source (proven by you changing music source to radio). If you want to see which one, take your phone with you into the car, sit in it but dont go anywhere, and cycle through all the music sources till you find which one is playing that music. Once you know, then you can figure out how to deal with it (by changing whatever song is playing in that source, etc).

My wifes BMW always plays the first song on her phone when we get in that car (the first titled song that starts with "A"), until she changes to spotify on her phone. Same thing here.

Mine is doing this every day and I came here to find a solution.

This is happening with my car now too.