Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 microscratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys, love my Tesla recently I did a self car wash and even though I used the brush very lightly, my black model 3 ended up having a lot of micro scratches. Is this something I should be very worried about it since it is a lease? Or would they be fine with it if i turn it in. Only can be see. With a lot of light.

Solution
Yeah, no need to worry about those type of things when returning a lease. If you've tinted your windows though, I've learned that Tesla is now much more strict and they will charge you for it (I didn't used to get charged for tins on lease returns with Tesla). It's $350 for all windows. I had my local tint shop remove all but the back window as they advised against it (it can easily tear the defrost wiring). So Tesla charged me $150 for having the back window tinted.

If you're curious what is acceptable and what is not when returning, you can see all the details here: Excess Wear and Use Guide
I believe the OP meant the spray wand. It should be…although the soaps in the spray are usually harsh. The brushes…definitely a no.
I see guys using the brushes on their muddy 4x4 trucks and cringe when a person in a nice new luxury vehicle is next to pull into the bay and starts using the same brush on their paint.

Upvote 0