Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Kleenerth3 @CharleyBC thanks for the replies and pics! you make a valid point that I didn't think about regarding the rigidity of the CF flaps and how that could end poorly, so thanks for the insight! That's exactly what I was looking for :) I'll likely go with the TSolutions flaps by the looks of it. I do prefer that there is no drilling or body coverage for the same reasons you mentioned.

I bought and installed these:

Tesla Parts and Accessories - Products

On our car:
View attachment 471798 View attachment 471799
As you see, they’re a simple, flat design. No drilling. I suppose they’re less fitted-looking than some of the molded flaps, but most of those overlap painted surfaces, and so I worry about them wearing the paint over time. Happy so far!
Hey @CharleyBC , I was thinking about getting the Tsolutions mud flaps for my new model 3 as well. However, one of my biggest concerns are rock chips on the rear door/fenders area. The Tsolutions ones are nice in that they don't touch the paint of the car, but as a result they don't seem as wide as some of the more popular ones like https://www.amazon.com/BASENOR-Tesla-Model-Splash-Guards/dp/B07V36S77Y/. Can you provide an update on how these have held for you? Thanks!!

Hey @CharleyBC , I was thinking about getting the Tsolutions mud flaps for my new model 3 as well. However, one of my biggest concerns are rock chips on the rear door/fenders area. The Tsolutions ones are nice in that they don't touch the paint of the car, but as a result they don't seem as wide as some of the more popular ones like https://www.amazon.com/BASENOR-Tesla-Model-Splash-Guards/dp/B07V36S77Y/. Can you provide an update on how these have held for you? Thanks!!
I have those BASENOR splash guards front and rear on my car. I like the extra protection they offer and they don't stick out so far from the tires that they will affect aero. They use exiting holes except got a small hole that needs to be drilled in the plastic fender liner on the fronts only. If you want to remove them in the future you could just put a dab of silicone sealer in the resulting hole if you want to be pedantic.

Reactions: jebinc
I have those BASENOR splash guards front and rear on my car. I like the extra protection they offer and they don't stick out so far from the tires that they will affect aero. They use exiting holes except got a small hole that needs to be drilled in the plastic fender liner on the fronts only. If you want to remove them in the future you could just put a dab of silicone sealer in the resulting hole if you want to be pedantic.
Hey @rpiotro , thanks for the reply. I do love the look of the BASENOR ones, except I've heard a lot about those scratching the paint of the car where they attach after you take them off--have you noticed that at all on your car?

Hey @rpiotro , thanks for the reply. I do love the look of the BASENOR ones, except I've heard a lot about those scratching the paint of the car where they attach after you take them off--have you noticed that at all on your car?
I've only had them a few weeks but I am skeptical of those reports. If properly installed they won't move around. There is a little tab on each one that hooks to the edge of the fender lip. You need to make sure that is properly seated. It is not brain surgery. Just a little attention to detail when installing.

I've only had them a few weeks but I am skeptical of those reports. If properly installed they won't move around. There is a little tab on each one that hooks to the edge of the fender lip. You need to make sure that is properly seated. It is not brain surgery. Just a little attention to detail when installing.
Yea that totally makes sense! Did you apply PPF or 3M tape to help with securing it even more? If you didn't, do you think doing so would help as extra "insurance"? Thanks :)

Sorry a bit slow--I haven't been on the forum for several days. The front flaps have very much reduced, but not eliminated, stuff coming up onto the rocker panel below the doors. I really see this when washing the car. It's not 100%, but what is? The rear was never much of a problem anyway, so it's hard to say how much they've helped, but the rear flaps do accumulate a lot of crud; whether that crud would have hit the car or just flown out backwards is hard for me to judge.

On the downside, one of the rear ones fell off recently. Amazingly, it happened in the driveway after an 8000-mile road trip. What are the odds? There's a double-stick foam tape that's part of how it attaches. It looks like the foam itself failed--the sticky part is still on both the flap and the car. I intend to scrape it clean and reattach with better sticky tape.