Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL 3 No LTE Connection [car outside of delivered country]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, i am looking for some information regarding my cars LTE connection.

I have a 2019 M3 LR from the U.K. and have recently travelled across Europe trouble free.
When I reached Serbia the LTE connection was lost and has since not returned.

Can anyone advise how I can get the connection back.

I looked in service menu and have attached the image below.

Thanks
5A9B72F2-8549-418A-A7AF-0025AC75F691.jpeg

I have a 2019 M3 LR from the U.K. and have recently travelled across Europe trouble free.

In all likelihood, whichever wireless carrier Tesla is using for connectivity in Europe (Vodafone?) simply does not have a roaming agreement with anyone in Serbia.
To get connection back, drive back out of Serbia ... just about anywhere else!

Anyone know of a work around? This was my thoughts also as have seen some model 3 here (at superchargers) some have LTE and some not….

Why do you need a work around? Are you planning to keep the car in Serbia indefinitely?
If so, I would inquire with local Tesla Service Centers or Tesla car clubs as to how they have resolved wireless connectivity problems.
Could be as simple as replacing the SIM card in the Telematics Control Unit with that of a Serbian carrier,

If you are only in there temporarily, I would not overthink it, and let the problem solve itself after you drive back out of that country and back into the civilized world.

HTH,
a

Upvote 0
Probably a not supported country, were they don’t have a roaming
In all likelihood, whichever wireless carrier Tesla is using for connectivity in Europe (Vodafone?) simply does not have a roaming agreement with anyone in Serbia.
To get connection back, drive back out of Serbia ... just about anywhere else!

Why do you need a work around? Are you planning to keep the car in Serbia indefinitely?
If so, I would inquire with local Tesla Service Centers or Tesla car clubs as to how they have resolved wireless connectivity problems.
Could be as simple as replacing the SIM card in the Telematics Control Unit with that of a Serbian carrier,

If you are only in there temporarily, I would not overthink it, and let the problem solve itself after you drive back out of that country and back into the civilized world.

HTH,
a
thanks for the input, was hoping for a work around as I plan to be here for a few months and without this have lost a lot of functionality.

Upvote 0
I'm having this problem but have not left my home country (USA). I wonder if you could tell me how you made that screen shot? I'd like to be able to access that same information about my car. I've made a mobile service appointment after many attempts to reboot/restart/etc. Thanks for any info.

By the way, you might be able to connect your car's wifi to your phone's hot spot (if you have that feature, and it works in Serbia) as a temporary workaround until your problem is truly solved. Best of luck.

Upvote 0
I'm having this problem but have not left my home country (USA). I wonder if you could tell me how you made that screen shot? I'd like to be able to access that same information about my car. I've made a mobile service appointment after many attempts to reboot/restart/etc. Thanks for any info.

By the way, you might be able to connect your car's wifi to your phone's hot spot (if you have that feature, and it works in Serbia) as a temporary workaround until your problem is truly solved. Best of luck.

Looks like a service mode screenshot.

Upvote 0

Tesla uses AT&T cell service. If you travel to an area which is devoid of their coverage, you'll lose connectivity.

Upvote 0
Still don't know how to get to that. Is it an owner-accessible mode/screen?
It's a service mode intended to be accessible by Tesla Service when diagnosing problems with the car. It's not supposed to be for the general public / owner to fiddle with. While the procedure to access Service Mode and the "password" involved have been posted here before, it's sort of frowned upon to publicly post the details for fear of Tesla changing the code. That said, you'll have a PM in a few minutes.

Upvote 0
the OT is in europe as hes indicated. Not the USA.

The workaround is to replace the SIM with a datasim and then ask Tesla remotely if theyd be so kind to enable premium connectivity.
The OT may be in Europe (profile says UK; posts says temporary in Serbia), but I was responding to @whizfish (as I quoted them). According to whizfish's profile, they are in Santa Cruz, CA, about 35 miles from me in San Jose, CA.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, i am looking for some information regarding my cars LTE connection.

I looked in service menu and have attached the image below.

Thanks View attachment 903212
If you have your mobile phone with you, and it has a data package, tether the car to your phone via wi-fi

Upvote 0
The OT may be in Europe (profile says UK; posts says temporary in Serbia), but I was responding to @whizfish (as I quoted them). According to whizfish's profile, they are in Santa Cruz, CA, about 35 miles from me in San Jose, CA.
My problem is not caused by traveling to an area without coverage. It happens here at home and all over town, comes and goes. Tesla has verified my failed connectivity by remote diagnostics and I have an appointment with the service center on Tuesday. They said (without me asking) they have the replacement circuit board in stock, assuming they confirm that's the right fix. Fingers crossed...

Upvote 0