Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 noise when parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contactors switch on-off every 10-12 minutes. Tesla says it is normal but i cannot believe this is normal.
Does anyone has the same behaviour ? How long do they last before they need to be replaced ? (The contactors)

Normal. When the car goes to sleep it will stop (reduce). Only real way to check if it’s sleeping is through the API. If you are not going to sleep, you will have real vampire drain issues, even without vampire sucking things like summon and sentry. Do you?

No i think it is really sleeping between switch on-off events and the drain is around 1% per day. Nevertheless this is a very loud and annoyng sound and there is no mention of such behaviour (with that frequency) in the user manual or in internet. I would like to have an explanation that could not be the need to charge the 12 Vdc battery (every then minutes?). And with such a frequency i would expect to read something about contactors life in the maintanance section of the user manual.