Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 (Pearl White, 842 mi, long range, premium) on ebay - no reserve. Ends Sunday 6/3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although eBay vehicle auctions are not binding sales, OP did not say that the high bidder backed out; he said that the buyer "couldn't purchase it due to legal reasons" -- which is the opposite of it not being binding. OP claimed "legal reasons" prevented the sale.

Again, what legal reason could possibly prevent the sale of a lawful product between a real buyer and a real seller? A Model 3 isn't cocaine or a bootleg movie or restricted military hardware being sold to Syria; those sales are prevented for legal reasons.

We haven't heard from OP denying that he used a shill bidder to artificially inflate the bidding and ended up with a fake high bidder to whom he didn't want to "sell."

If that is what really happened, discounting potential buyers' geographic limitations vs. buying from Tesla with delivery anywhere and discounting potential buyers' preference for a truly new car direct from Tesla, it looks like the pent up demand allowing sales over sticker has abated.

• Disagree
Reactions: tomsla
Although eBay vehicle auctions are not binding sales, OP did not say that the high bidder backed out; he said that the buyer "couldn't purchase it due to legal reasons" -- which is the opposite of it not being binding. OP claimed "legal reasons" prevented the sale.

Again, what legal reason could possibly prevent the sale of a lawful product between a real buyer and a real seller? A Model 3 isn't cocaine or a bootleg movie or restricted military hardware being sold to Syria; those sales are prevented for legal reasons.

We haven't heard from OP denying that he used a shill bidder to artificially inflate the bidding and ended up with a fake high bidder to whom he didn't want to "sell."

If that is what really happened, discounting potential buyers' geographic limitations vs. buying from Tesla with delivery anywhere and discounting potential buyers' preference for a truly new car direct from Tesla, it looks like the pent up demand allowing sales over sticker has abated.
I'm not going to continue speculating on his listing...

I did notice that it has 1 bid already at $50K.

I'm not going to comment further on the reason here other than to say the buyer did not pay the deposit within 24 hours (or at all), and I'm frustrated and I don't want to deal with any dealers. However, this is not where I go to air my grievances about dealers and detail all the reasons - this is a For Sale thread and there are too many people derailing the thread subject. I am still waiting for ebay to close their investigation into it so I can get a final value credit and relist the car. I'm impressed by everyone's curiosity and entertaining conspiracy theories (one or two of which are bordering on accusations that are incorrect), but once again, I'm going to state that I am trying to keep my thread about the CAR which is for sale. That's what this section of the forum is for.

Therefore, If you are interested in the car for sale, please message me or post here. Other messages will be ignored.
THANK YOU :)

Last edited: