Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance OEM tires for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Removed at 41 miles on 5/16/2019
Changed to AS - live in snow belt.
Asking $1250.

Attachments

• IMG_6886.JPG
    IMG_6886.JPG
    527.9 KB · Views: 123
I chose 245/35 R20 Goodyear Eagle All Season 95W tires.
They were well rated by Tire Rack at a good price.
Although 10 mm wider, the effective diameter is not much different. I was unable to get precise specs for them at the Tesla weight and pressure.
The car feels good and seems reasonably quiet. When I first drove on the new tires, they seemed noisy. However, that may have been due to the molding "hair". After a few miles, they sound fine.

I didn't think to record both. It would have been interesting to comparatively analyse the acoustics of each. Surely, the foam is there for a reason - low frequency absorption seems unlikely.

How do I know if my Sport tires have foam? I've seen comments that some did, some don't, but not sure. I'm looking for safety in all conditions first, the range/quietness next. Right now I am driving in CHILL mode all the time, which is fast enough for this old geezer, and assume that allows me to extend the range a bit due to slower acceleration. Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry for the slow response.
I expect that you would have to deflate a tire and break the bead to have a look.
There would be a slight weight difference, but that may not be enough to discriminate between foam and no-foam. I expect the foam doesn't weigh much.

One more thought.
My T is less than a month old. It came with foam belts. Therefore, I expect that to be the current type.

I did drop my asking price to $1,049 on EBay with free shipping. Same here - offers considered.
$1,383.96 per set on TireRack.

I have the Performance brakes and 20 wheels w/ 235/35/20 Pilot Sport 4S foam inside tyres. NTB and Sears won't replace them for fear of damaging the rims. Tesla only wants to swap winter tires (Pirelli Sottozero II winter tires) and sell the wheels of course. That's another $4k! How do you like the 245/35 R20 Goodyear Eagle All Season 95W's? any reason you chose them over the A/S3+'s? so Tire Rack did the change? NTB also said that in addition to noise reduction, they thought foam was a balancing component......not sure I believe that.

I have the Performance brakes and 20 wheels w/ 235/35/20 Pilot Sport 4S foam inside tyres. NTB and Sears won't replace them for fear of damaging the rims. Tesla only wants to swap winter tires (Pirelli Sottozero II winter tires) and sell the wheels of course. That's another $4k! How do you like the 245/35 R20 Goodyear Eagle All Season 95W's? any reason you chose them over the A/S3+'s? so Tire Rack did the change? NTB also said that in addition to noise reduction, they thought foam was a balancing component......not sure I believe that.
- With less than 2K miles, I do like them.
- I don't notice a noise increase - not very scientific! I may have adapted.
- Less costly than A/S 3+. I have those on my V Coupe.
- Rated well by a couple of sources.
- Foam affecting balance is unlikely - the density, mass, and inertia of the foam is far less than that of the tire - also has good symmetrical distribution.

Last edited: