Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance reduction? [no current evidence of this]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, slightly above 430 ”only” ;)
Interestingly, lots of us have displayed 450+ coming out of the inverters.

With 1kw = 1.34hp, Here is a “mere” 454kw

IMG_3240.jpeg

(Am I missing the sarcasm?)

Interestingly, lots of us have displayed 450+ coming out of the inverters.

With 1kw = 1.34hp, Here is a “mere” 454kw

View attachment 951447

(Am I missing the sarcasm?)
I’m not refering to max discharge number but the actual battery power , that may be the difference.

450kW = 612 European horsepowers but only 600 US hp’s :)

No sarcasm missed, at least not yet :)

Reactions: Lindenwood
I’m not refering to max discharge number but the actual battery power , that may be the difference.

450kW = 612 European horsepowers but only 600 US hp’s :)

No sarcasm missed, at least not yet :)
It is very plausible the app is misinterpreting the data.

That said, someone did run an 11.1 @ 120 in the 1/4 mile when pushing 458kw (admittedly with some weight reduction), which seems to align with 550+whp. If our motors have a 9% efficiency loss, that would indeed mean about 600+ Hp worth of power coming out of the inverters!

My question has always been - peak power USED or peak power available and how is that tested without a run or use of power?
Peak power used to the best of my knowledge. It was just a little burst right after I pulled out of my driveway and got my wheels straight. Nothing special done at all. Was a warm day, fairly flat ground, probably close 90% SOC.

Definitely seams to peak highest off launch vs 50-60 mph roll. I'd imagine it would peak a little higher from a dead stop.

Saw a video where they had 522hp to wheels on a dyno a while back. 612hp or 16 can't remember what it was when I looked up the conversion from 457kw... but I'd imagine its a fairly realistic number by the time it transfers to the wheels.

I would recommend looking at the following items when performance appears to have diminished:
  • Spark plugs / wires
  • Distributor cap
  • Engine air filter
  • Check timing and adjust to factory spec; +/- degrees BTDC
  • Restriction in the exhaust system / catalytic converter
  • Thermostat
  • MAF sensor
  • EGR valve
Did I miss anything?

edit:
  • Carb needles / float
  • Fuel pump / filter