Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price drop [Speculation]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated the price graph on Google Sheets accordingly. Below is the graph for the Model 3. The base standard range (SR) model is still available off the menu (OTM). Price of the SR has not been verified.

View attachment 430271

What surprises me is that LR-AWD-P variant got a $5,000 price cut. I think $2,000-$3,000 would be understandable.

Model 3 performance now costs about the same as AWD when i purchased it. I just pulled out my MVPA,
8/2018 Model 3 Long Range AWD - $53,000 and i paid extra for pearl white paint ($1,500) and 19 inch wheels ($1,500) and EAP ($5,000) = $61,000
7/2019 Model 3 Performance with 20 inch wheels and pearl white paint is $54,990. Throw in FSD for $6k and total is $60,990

Talking about just price without any state, federal or local incentives, thats an amazing deal. If i had waited a year, would i buy Performance? Very likely, as a year ago it was so much more expensive. I am not sure why Elon says our cars over time will appreciate in value, so far prices are dropping. But its been so far an amazing year driving the car, no regrets here.

I updated the price graph on Google Sheets accordingly. Below is the graph for the Model 3. The base standard range (SR) model is still available off the menu (OTM). Price of the SR has not been verified.

View attachment 430271

What surprises me is that LR-AWD-P variant got a $5,000 price cut. I think $2,000-$3,000 would be understandable.

Great information... thanks for posting. Can you also share the price history graphic for the Model S and X? :cool:

Great information... thanks for posting. Can you also share the price history graphic for the Model S and X? :cool:

Sure. See below. The, S, 3, & X price graphs can be found on Google Sheets.

Tesla Model S Base Price History (2).png

Tesla Model X Base Price History (2).png