Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another $5000 price drop. Model Y entry point now $58,251

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla dropped prices by $3-$5k on Model Y and Model 3. You can now get a base trim Model Y from inventory for $58k, or order new for around $61k.

I don't think any other EV makers have Tesla's capacity to push prices down. The pressure is on other brands to bring their prices down, and this will exert lots of downward pressure on used EV prices.

I would go as far as saying Tesla still has breathing room when it comes to pricing, and I fully expect more decreases.

1716359092440.png

Reactions: MC3OZ
I took delivery of my RWD Y (2024 / HW3 / Inventory stock) on Tuesday 21/05 and I got a text message plus email that morning stating that my order was eligible for the updated pricing. I then received 2-3 further emails with an updated breakdown of pricing.

I immediately emailed and asked how it would be refunded - I was told I will be prompted in the Tesla portal within a few days to enter my BSB / Account details

Still currently awaiting for the prompt in the Tesla portal to show up.

Tesla dropped prices by $3-$5k on Model Y and Model 3. You can now get a base trim Model Y from inventory for $58k, or order new for around $61k.

I don't think any other EV makers have Tesla's capacity to push prices down. The pressure is on other brands to bring their prices down, and this will exert lots of downward pressure on used EV prices.

I would go as far as saying Tesla still has breathing room when it comes to pricing, and I fully expect more decreases.

View attachment 1049480
Not surprised at all; Musk is a genius when it comes to milking everyone for money; Absolutely a vehicle that doesn’t hold half of its original value after a year..Model 3 and Y soon competing with the Camry and Accord.
Mercedes Benz, BMW and Porsche will always continue to be a prestigious name brand and now building superior EV’s in and out while holding their value.

View attachment 1049480

To be fair, that is the slightly older version with the silver wheels, doesn't the slightly newer one have an updated FSD computer or similar?

Not surprised at all; Musk is a genius when it comes to milking everyone for money; Absolutely a vehicle that doesn’t hold half of its original value after a year..Model 3 and Y soon competing with the Camry and Accord.
Mercedes Benz, BMW and Porsche will always continue to be a prestigious name brand and now building superior EV’s in and out while holding their value.

I just think its a case of doing business differently. Take a look at Tesla vehicles, they don't do majour changes to them very often, they pioneered mass EV manufacture, the vehicles development is now paid off, and they would rather shift more cars to more people rather protect peoples resale values. Overall that will get more people into EVs and other will be forced to compete.

Not so sure about superior EV's in and out, but they will get there.

It is hard for one carmaker to cover all of the market, Toyota managed that by creating the Lexus brand.

At the higher end, Tesla will compete with Roadster, Model S, Model X, Tri-motor Cybertruck and performance Model 3/Y.

Brand name will be part of the purchase decision.

A possible next step for Model S/X would be making them available for purchase in RHD countries.

Not so sure about superior EV's in and out, but they will get there.

It is hard for one carmaker to cover all of the market, Toyota managed that by creating the Lexus brand.

At the higher end, Tesla will compete with Roadster, Model S, Model X, Tri-motor Cybertruck and performance Model 3/Y.

Brand name will be part of the purchase decision.

A possible next step for Model S/X would be making them available for purchase in RHD countries.
Model S and X prices have also dropped significantly; The price point and stable value is a determining factor in one’s original purchase of a desired model.
So disappointing when after paying $120K for a new Model S, then about a year later new price drops to $87K and no one knows what’s going to happen in the near future.

Porsche, MB, BMW don’t play that game.. Lots of other companies are also aiming to take many potential future Tesla customers.
New Kia EV9 was voted best EV in Texas.
They might not be as fast but they are well built, really nice interior and fresh new design. Go test drive the new MB EQS👍🏻

With regard to resale value, when I bought my two EVs I had zero expectation that new car prices would stay high. Indeed I hoped and expected that prices would drop rapidly so as to enable more people to get into EVs. Many of the experts kept talking of price parity with ICE vehicles in a shorter rather than longer time frame. I realise some people get into a new car every 3-4yrs and this is a disappointment for them.

I've always kept cars for a long time (max was 24yrs) and I hope to still have my EVs for a long time yet. 6yrs ago, my Zoe was almost exactly the Y price now and unlike the Tesla, has had no software or other improvements. Battery SOH 90%. But it is a good little car and I do not care about resale value. In three years, the Tesla (SOH 98%) has had a number of good enhancements which keep me very happy with what I have.

Model S and X prices have also dropped significantly; The price point and stable value is a determining factor in one’s original purchase of a desired model.
So disappointing when after paying $120K for a new Model S, then about a year later new price drops to $87K and no one knows what’s going to happen in the near future.

Porsche, MB, BMW don’t play that game.. Lots of other companies are also aiming to take many potential future Tesla customers.
New Kia EV9 was voted best EV in Texas.
They might not be as fast but they are well built, really nice interior and fresh new design. Go test drive the new MB EQS👍🏻

All it says to me is that a new replacement vehicle is cheaper, I'm not really concerned about my vehicle holding value when its replacement is going to be significantly cheaper, the same overall amount of money is spent. Seems like Tesla is pushing prices down, you know, pre-covid when cars were actually cheap.

Reactions: Jules22
Superior? hmmmm

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Jules22