Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price drop [Speculation]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great graph, but the price ofthe SR+ is not correct.
Including AP the history of price is (oldest to more recent date)

@Talax74 The base price graphed includes all features that are standard and included at that time. As AP was NOT a standard feature prior to 04/11/19, the base price reflects this.

02/28/19: $37,000 SR+ Introduced (AP not STD)
03/21/19: $37,500 All Trims (except SR) received an average 6% increase (AP not STD)
04/11/19: $39,500 AP Std. for Model 3 except for OTM trims ($3,000 added to SR+ base price).
05/14/19: $39,900 increase of $400 for all Model 3 Trims (AP included).

@Talax74 The base price graphed includes all features that are standard and included at that time. As AP was NOT a standard feature prior to 04/11/19, the base price reflects this.

03/21/19: $37,500 All Trims (except SR) received an average 6% increase (AP not STD)
04/11/19: $39,500 AP Std. for Model 3 except for OTM trims ($3,000 added to SR+ base price).

See this is what I was trying to get at with my first post. Your graph should include a consistent feature-set per model for comparability purposes.

For example, you should re-add the cost of AP to the SR+ models that originally didn’t come with AP standard.

Thank you for clarifying, it was not clear from the answer you provided to pd3_ms.

See this is what I was trying to get at with my first post. Your graph should include a consistent feature-set per model for comparability purposes.

For example, you should re-add the cost of AP to the SR+ models that originally didn’t come with AP standard.

The price, inclusion/exclusion, and selection of all options will vary over time. The graph would be very messy if I included every permutation or option a person wanted. The base price is only graphed for simplicity for the active (and OTC) trims.

For instance, since white will be considered a standard color, should I add $1,000 to the price of all trims to get the previous standard black color? Should I add the cost of the previously standard (such as homelink, charging adapters, phone cables, etc.) options? How should I factor the "loss" of alcantara headliner, the changes to the Model 3 seats, or the adjustments to the suspension?

Last edited:
Reactions: omkar
But you'll be able to claim $1,875 more in federal tax credits than if you purchased today, right?

That depends on what my AGI will be for the 2019 tax year, and what the cut off may be. Like many other tax incentives, I usually fall in the bucket where the incentives don't apply. I do see additional taxes added, however, based on my AGI. Lastly, my post just stated the facts and to answer the other posters question, no whining. As for the emoticon, that's only for the net reduction. Had it been a positive number (like it is for SR+ buyer's,) I would have put a happy face :). It was kind of a binary thing...:p

Reactions: willow_hiller
I updated the price graph on Google Sheets accordingly. Below is the graph for the Model 3. The base standard range (SR) model is still available off the menu (OTM). Price of the SR has not been verified.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (3).png

What surprises me is that LR-AWD-P variant got a $5,000 price cut. I think $2,000-$3,000 would be understandable.