Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD base footwell lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone help me on how to turn on the footwell lights, on a 2023 Model 3 RWD? They are not showing as an option on the Lightning menu, but the light are there and their wires are connected.
Thank you I just took delivery of it last week

All Model Y have Premium Interior. They should have “ambient lights” which are in the front footwells
and the front door pockets (refreshed door panels only) with an on/off button in the lighting settings menu.

I think you mean the rear door pockets ?

In fact, it would be so easy for Tesla to add a light under the rear passengers central air vent:
So when opening a rear door, you could see the floor at night.

Model Y - Rear Air Vent - Light Option .jpg

Upvote 0
When I got the delivery yesterday, I was told that the lights will turn at night, but they did not. So, is it true that new model 3 rwd footwell lights are disabled? I do not see the option in light section on the screen as well. Pls guide before the mobile service guy comes out next week. Thank U

Upvote 0
When I got the delivery yesterday, I was told that the lights will turn at night, but they did not. So, is it true that new model 3 rwd footwell lights are disabled? I do not see the option in light section on the screen as well. Pls guide before the mobile service guy comes out next week. Thank U
I have the 2023 RWD. I thought the lights weren’t working so I mobile tech came to fix them but they said it wasn’t working so I had to bring it in to service center. All this for them just to tell me and confirm that the ambient lighting is not included in the RWD version. So confirmed it’s not included, which is so dumb bc the lights are literally there already.

Upvote 0