Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fog lights for 2023+ RWD models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told that fog light can not be coded
I purchased newest version of non oem fog lights on eBay.
Still they look exactly like oem ones.
wires kit are very simple and clean without no yellow reflects.
of course I don't get separated control over fog lights on the screen
I don't know how they did it with 3 wires.
with parking on, white led strips turn on.
with headlights on, fog lights turn on.
and with turn signals on, yellow strips turn on sequentially

s-l1600 (2).jpg

You could also purchase an ingenext bonus module

It is now available for AMD Ryzen model 3/y

It will give you fog lights, ambient lighting, rear heated seats, heated steering wheel (if equipped).

It’s a plug and play dongle that connects to the ODB/Canbus connection on the passenger side.

It’s not cheap at $550. It’s the cheapest module they sell. I have their boost SR and it’s well worth the money for the performance upgrades alone, but you’ll need a 980 motor (performance) which is rarely used in newer SR m3.

Even with this module, the fog lights will come on with your headlights. There will be no on/off option for them. Headlights on, fogs on.

You will need to install OEM full fog lights as well. They are plug and play you won’t have to splice into any wires going this route.

Last edited:
You could also purchase an ingenext bonus module

It is now available for AMD Ryzen model 3/y

It will give you fog lights, ambient lighting, rear heated seats, heated steering wheel (if equipped).

It’s a plug and play dongle that connects to the ODB/Canbus connection on the passenger side.

It’s not cheap at $550. It’s the cheapest module they sell. I have their boost SR and it’s well worth the money for the performance upgrades alone, but you’ll need a 980 motor (performance) which is rarely used in newer SR m3.

Even with this module, the fog lights will come on with your headlights. There will be no on/off option for them. Headlights on, fogs on.

You will need to install OEM full fog lights as well. They are plug and play you won’t have to splice into any wires going this route.
So you’re paying $550 for fog lights and ambient lighting since the M3 RWD comes with rear heated seats and heated steering wheel.

IMHO, the way this guy did it is near 1:1 if fog lights were included with 2020+ M3RWD. The diffs are:
  • LED + amber on with DRL - not stock
  • LED + amber + fog on with headlights - not stock
Seems like both these are outcomes of tapping into power sources for the LED and fog light.

In the vid posted by OP, the way that guy did it keeps his fog light on all the time. Not the route I'd go in, but to each his own. :)

Reactions: kaimanson
IMHO, the way this guy did it is near 1:1 if fog lights were included with 2020+ M3RWD. The diffs are:
  • LED + amber on with DRL - not stock
  • LED + amber + fog on with headlights - not stock
Seems like both these are outcomes of tapping into power sources for the LED and fog light.

In the vid posted by OP, the way that guy did it keeps his fog light on all the time. Not the route I'd go in, but to each his own. :)
On both videos the fog light gets triggered by the headlights being ON, the only difference is that one is plug and play, the other one you have to tap into the oem wiring. If DRL are running only the Amber and the led are on, which is the same as current 3 and Y that I see on the road. Not sure when the LED was implemented.

If DRL are running only the Amber and the led are on, which is the same as current 3 and Y that I see on the road.
i've been paying more attention to this as i've been driving and i'm pretty sure that amber and LED in the fog light assembly only come on when parking and/or headlights come on. with DRL, they're both off.

can you share the link to where you bought the fog lights? also, whenever convenient, do you mind posting a demo video showing how the amber works with turn signals, hazard lights?

appreciate your input a lot because i'm going to do this to my M3RWD and am just getting as much info i can beforehand.

thanks!!!

Reactions: kaimanson
i've been paying more attention to this as i've been driving and i'm pretty sure that amber and LED in the fog light assembly only come on when parking and/or headlights come on. with DRL, they're both off.

can you share the link to where you bought the fog lights? also, whenever convenient, do you mind posting a demo video showing how the amber works with turn signals, hazard lights?

appreciate your input a lot because i'm going to do this to my M3RWD and am just getting as much info i can beforehand.

thanks!!!
The amber and led lights are always on as long as the DRL are on. The turn signals and hazard lights won't have any interaction with the fog lights (my version which are aftermarket OEM) don't have turn signals on the fog lights. The seller on ebay is called "lansdale autoparts" you can watch how the lights interact with the car almost at the end of the video above after the installation was done.