Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model 3 RWD in Oct 21. The EDD has changed close to a dozen times. Latest EDD was May 10 - June 6th and held for the longest time. This morning it jumped to July 16 - Aug 27th. So disappointed!
Not sure the July-August dates are legit; I seem to recall seeing erratic changes in dates being mentioned on the main thread for these dates; "Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders .....". Others waiting for cars can offer better insights than I can.

Also note that the order page for Model 3 RWD currently says estimated delivery in July - September 2022 (for new orders). Given your order date, yours should arrive well ahead of then unless there is some specific supply chain issues that only affects some configurations.

Upvote 0
I got impatient and picked up one of the showroom cars instead. Also the SR+ seem to experience more delays than the higher versions. No explanation provided. They happen to be in a “sellers” market like Apple. If you don’t buy it, there are plenty behind you in the line, who will take it.
True but so disappointing. I really thought I was close. Even the Oakville dealership said it should be delivered in this quarter. Ugh!

Upvote 0
Not sure the July-August dates are legit; I seem to recall seeing erratic changes in dates being mentioned on the main thread for these dates; "Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders .....". Others waiting for cars can offer better insights than I can.

Also note that the order page for Model 3 RWD currently says estimated delivery in July - September 2022 (for new orders). Given your order date, yours should arrive well ahead of then unless there is some specific supply chain issues that only affects some configurations.
I can only hope!

Upvote 0
The website estimates are just lies. There is no truth in them.

I have a friend who has an SR+ order from October 2021 as well who has been seeing EDDs from February and keeps getting pushed. He was showing mid-late May for the last several weeks and this morning it updated to late May to early June. His config is Black/Black with 19s, no FSD. The most recent delay may be due to the charge port ECU issues but since Tesla doesn’t communicate anything we will probably never know.

My P3D order from March was showing April on the website for delivery and here we are. SR+ folks are getting hit the hardest but every order is being given unrealistic timelines.

Reactions: T3$l@mo
Upvote 0
I ordered my Model 3 RWD in Oct 21. The EDD has changed close to a dozen times. Latest EDD was May 10 - June 6th and held for the longest time. This morning it jumped to July 16 - Aug 27th. So disappointed!
Same boat as you…

OD: Nov 1, 2021
Original EDD: April - May 2022
Specs: M3 RWD, White, Black Interior, Performance Wheels

Was May 7-18 until this morning… now showing June 28 - August 9.

• Helpful
Reactions: Murky-Article
Upvote 0
I ordered my SR RWD on November 5, 2021 in Edmonton. Original EDD was June 2022. It jumped all over the place until March when I received an email that my delivery date was Mar 18-22. I got financing in order immediately, and then it got pushed out to June again on March 15. Now I'm seeing August 20 - October 1. I really like the idea of ordering factory direct, but to wait almost a year is wearing thin. Especially when others find out and remark - That's why I wouldn't but electric/tesla - as if there isn't a shortage of vehicles worldwide.

Upvote 0
Anyone with an RWD planning to make the swap to LR to get the car sooner? Some of our neighbours down south got their cars within a week after switching to an LR. Not sure if it's as quick up here in Canada, but even if it's a few months sooner, it might be worth considering.

I'm thinking about it myself since we can now change our orders and pay the prices that were listed during our OD.

Upvote 0
Anyone with an RWD planning to make the swap to LR to get the car sooner? Some of our neighbours down south got their cars within a week after switching to an LR. Not sure if it's as quick up here in Canada, but even if it's a few months sooner, it might be worth considering.

I'm thinking about it myself since we can now change our orders and pay the prices that were listed during our OD.
How do we do this? I don't see it as an option online and I haven't heard from a SA since ordering months ago... I know in the states you can do it online

Upvote 0
Try tesla.com/model3/design/RNxxxxxxxxxx or tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx

Replace the XXX with your order number.

I was given this info from someone who posted in the Model 3 SR/SR+/RWD Waiting Room Thread. He's in Nova Scotia so it works for Canada. I haven't done it myself yet - I will likely text my SA to confirm before I make any changes.

I have tried that link above and I do see that the pricing of the LR is reflective of when I ordered my RWD, though.

Let me know if you end up making the jump and how it affects your EDD!

Reactions: T3$l@mo
Upvote 0
Try tesla.com/model3/design/RNxxxxxxxxxx or tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx

Replace the XXX with your order number.

I was given this info from someone who posted in the Model 3 SR/SR+/RWD Waiting Room Thread. He's in Nova Scotia so it works for Canada. I haven't done it myself yet - I will likely text my SA to confirm before I make any changes.

I have tried that link above and I do see that the pricing of the LR is reflective of when I ordered my RWD, though.

Let me know if you end up making the jump and how it affects your EDD!
Thanks I will also try to get something in an email or text from tsla regarding the implications before doing this...

Upvote 0
20220531_141410.jpg
Bunch of cars arrived at Kitchener location today...

Attachments

• 20220531_141410.jpg
    20220531_141410.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Upvote 0