Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 steering failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just had this happen. Warning that assistance is reduced and then a complete failure whilst navigating a roundabout!! Was quite a scare. Managed to hobble to side of the road and did a reboot. This cleared it until the next time I started the car when it failed again. Awaiting a service visit… any help appreciated!
My car is currently in Glasgow Service Centre having had intermittent 'assistance is reduced' and related errors. They've replaced the steering rack and wiring loom although I don't have the fully detailed invoice yet as the car is stuck with them until their wheel alignment machine is repaired.
I only experienced physical failure of the power steering twice, once when parked which wasn't resolved by rebooting but then after leaving the car for an hour while waiting for roadside then trying again it was OK. It then failed briefly as I was pulling out of a T junction a few weeks ago prompting me to book it in.
I hope your problem is resolved swiftly!