Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 still running 2021.4.18.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has already been answered but I am still stuck in 2021.4.18.2 and running with the radar only limitations(max AP 75, no emergency lane departure, etc). I know a new software was release a couple of weeks back, is it normal that I haven't gotten this update? Sorry I'm new to tesla and I am unsure if the update goes to all cars or if its staggered.

Thanks for your help!

I've found that it's not unusual to have a 1 - 2 month delay before new updates are pushed to my (radar-equipped) Model 3 SR+. Which is also still on 2021.4.18.2. But I would hope that you wouldn't need to wait that long for a radar-less vehicle. Check your wi-fi signal strength - low wifi signal will delay updates. And the M3's wifi radio/antenna are "quite poor" IMO.

it will happen in the end. Mine only very recently switched to 4.18.11.
For reference, the longest times mine has stayed on one version has been 42 days for both 2020.48.35.5 -> 2021.4.11 and 2020.4.1-> 2020.8.1
Average of 13 days between updates

Checkout TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker or Vehicle Software Updates | Teslascope

A new Tesla vehicle will takes weeks to get on the "newest" software version. Be aware, there is NO WAY to force an update... don't listen to anyone that says you can force it. The updates will come when the Tesla server decides to push an update to your car. The updates are pretty fragmented right now because of the vision vehicles and all the testing that Tesla is doing on those. Hopefully we all get a decent update because right now it's behind the scenes stuff for the most part. Updates go to some vehicles because of where they are or because Tesla wants to test something in that area or on that model/trim level of vehicle. Honestly we only know so much as owners.

Also, the numbers you see in the update are year, week, version..... so 2021.4.18.2 equates to 2021, 4th week of the year and then version 18 of that build. the 2 is just another tweak to the software and some believe it's A/B testing to see what works better.

Please post up any other questions you have but remember Google is also your friend

Sorry if this has already been answered but I am still stuck in 2021.4.18.2 and running with the radar only limitations(max AP 75, no emergency lane departure, etc). I know a new software was release a couple of weeks back, is it normal that I haven't gotten this update? Sorry I'm new to tesla and I am unsure if the update goes to all cars or if its staggered.

Thanks for your help!

Over 80% of the Tesla cars are on 2021.4.18.x. The newest version is 2021.12.25.6. It only adds a new game and two languages. There is nothing about vision only. In the end, you can't do anything about. Just have suck it up and wait until you get picked to update. You'll get used to it.

Reactions: Pseudofinn