Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Updated Door Panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I gotta say, while the wood wasn't for me when I was test driving, it is real and I loved the texture. No mistaking that for a veneer or appliqué.

Some of the hate applied here on the wood is rougher than washed up ol piece of driftwood (which the tesla wood sort of reminded me of).

Then again my T has a big white "ceramicy"? thing on there so what do I know, LOL - absolutely no character. I guess to each is own, but I think the wood is equally as cool.

I will say I pity the alcantara crowd a lil, out there every day with their dustbusters, living in deathly fear of a possible soda spill.

Personally I like the wood on the dash. I think it breaks up the amount of black in the cabin.

I do not like the wood on the doors. I think the new design makes the car look more...i dont want to say claustrophobic but tighter. Like the wood is surrounding you and making the interior appear smaller. Its just my personal perception but every time I see it I just dont like it.

Maybe its better in person

I am a giver of wood, not a taker.

Looks like a money grab for minimal difference to justify price hikes.

I also would prefer a secondary display cluster like Model S or X. Too minimal in model 3 but can live with it. If battery prices dropped 50% I feel the performance option shouldnt cost more than 42-45k with how bland the interiors are. Maybe in 6-8 years when 4680 cells are plentiful the model three will be 25k-45k range.

I think what people see is "oh look. The price went up 1k for the performance model but no changes were made." Then, three months later Tesla releases new door panels. Plus, jumping 2k at once is a harder pill to swallow than 1k here and 1k there.

So while some may so no correlation, I say they have a reason for every price fluctuation it just is not apparent.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I live in China and I saw this new trim and I must say I rather have the old one back. It looks nice on picture but reality is the side wood trim has a different pattern, its angled and the center piece goes horizontal. So sitting at the front seats, it looks like its miss aligned and I have enough miss alignments with the model 3 already.

I love the wood finish. Makes it look sexy and mature. Adds a level of sophistication IMO. The interior of a Tesla is very futuristic with the large screen, lack of buttons, huge glass roof, etc. I think the wood accent brings a touch of warmth. I am glad my car has this feature. If you want a carbon fibre sporty look then just change it out.

I love the wood finish. Makes it look sexy and mature. Adds a level of sophistication IMO. The interior of a Tesla is very futuristic with the large screen, lack of buttons, huge glass roof, etc. I think the wood accent brings a touch of warmth. I am glad my car has this feature. If you want a carbon fibre sporty look then just change it out.

Agree totally. The minimalist dash and the elegance of the wood trim matches with the glass roof and large screen to create a unique and futuristic interior space.

I find the smooth lines of the exterior also to be a rejection of the "aggressive" look of so many cars with all these hard angles in front and back. When guys buy a Tesla and then mod it to make it look more aggressive (like so many other cars today), I cringe at that. My two cents.

Cheers,

Snade

Reactions: travis3000
I agree. A dark walnut would tickle my fancy.
1621307997097.png