Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 voice control producing martian

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, brand new Tesla 3 driver here. I've spent a few days getting to grips with most functions but the voice control is coming up with total garbage when I give it any commands, or even when it seems to recognise what I'm saying it says that the command isn't understood.

I've searched Google but can only find videos showing it working not if it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?!

What am I doing wrong?!

Dont take this the wrong way (I am not attempting to be funny, in the slightest), but if you are not getting it to recognize "most" voice control commands, rather than " a few", the cause is likely you (your accent).

It works great for me, but I am a native Californian, with a standard American accent.

Dont take this the wrong way (I am not attempting to be funny, in the slightest), but if you are not getting it to recognize "most" voice control commands, rather than " a few", the cause is likely you (your accent).

It works great for me, but I am a native Californian, with a standard American accent.
Not taken the wrong way at all! I have a southern English accent and I've seen people with similar accents on you tube get it to work perfectly. I'll keep digging and see if I can find someone with a similar problem and if they managed to solve it! I really hope so because quote a few of the commands take quite a few taps on the screen which doesn't feel particularly safe!

Reactions: jjrandorin