Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Washer Jets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it normal to only have a short blast, instead of a continuous flow of washer fluid when pressing the wiper button?

It hasn't bothered me before, but today I had a not so nice dollop of bird crap bake onto my windscreen, and the short blasts of fluid just weren't cutting it.

Every other car I've owned would spray fluid until the stalk was released. Now I'm wondering if I have a faulty switch?

Thanks in advance

Andy

On what car? Model 3 doesn’t do that. It only squirts fluid at the bottom of each stroke, on the top/leading edge of the blades. Personally I find this works very well and saves fluid
Let me clarify. I do not need to repeatedly press the button to keep the "washer function" working. The system will continue to release water, at the appropriate spot, until the button is released. It's not a one squirt per press system.

Reactions: NorfolkMustard
Is it normal to only have a short blast, instead of a continuous flow of washer fluid when pressing the wiper button?

It hasn't bothered me before, but today I had a not so nice dollop of bird crap bake onto my windscreen, and the short blasts of fluid just weren't cutting it.

Every other car I've owned would spray fluid until the stalk was released. Now I'm wondering if I have a faulty switch?

Thanks in advance

Andy
Mine works same as yours, never seems to squirt enough washer fluid for my liking. Not sure if a fault or a feature.

Washer fluid only released intermitently, however continues to release intermitently when held down. not great, and rumours that the washer fluid tank is endless seem to be viscious lies. I am just about to top it up for the second time having had the car 3 months

Bear in mind its possible there are differences between EU and NA versions of the car in terms of how this and other functions behave.

Probably some UNECE regulation that says the car can't use more than 0.22 litres/m2 surface area of cleansing liquid in a 10 second period, or something, next to the Summon and AP nerfs.

Bear in mind its possible there are differences between EU and NA versions of the car in terms of how this and other functions behave.

Probably some UNECE regulation that says the car can't use more than 0.22 litres/m2 surface area of cleansing liquid in a 10 second period, or something, next to the Summon and AP nerfs.
Nothing so grandiose - it's to save fluid which allows a smaller reservoir to be fitted, helping to keep overall weight down. Every little helps or so they say

I had the same thing on my Mercedes SL, they made a song and dance about it by calling it 'Magic Vision Control', at least i could clean the windscreen with the roof down and not get wet