Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3P home screen when entering car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MY and when I get in the car the Home Screen is different. This is Home Screen from M3P. Is that normal for M3

Attachments

• tempImagesN1Uxz.png
    tempImagesN1Uxz.png
    365.2 KB · Views: 11
It’s part of the 2024.14.x update but only on cars with an AMD Ryzen processor (2022+)
What he said. OP, my ‘23 has the same screen on entry while my ‘20 has the traditional layout.

Thank you for the answer. But why would processor make a difference for home screen?
Cause it probably takes more processing power to deal with the new layout. Not uncommon for more advanced hardware to show more advanced features. Speaking about technology in general, not Tesla specific.

Thank you for the answer. But why would processor make a difference for home screen?
You would need Tesla to tell you the specific "why", it is, but we know thats what it is. As for your model Y, either it has not gotten that update yet or it doesnt have a ryzen processor. Ryzen processor for model Y rolled out near the beginning of 2022 sometime. My wifes 2022 Model Y has one and we got that car in March of 2022.