Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3's now being delivered with 10.1 software.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My software version was 31.104 on a 11/19 build date. Will try the live chat with support suggested above. Sort of expected all 2020 models to have been delivered with v10. Assuming mcu’s are flashed with v9 and maybe delivery centre updates.

I just got delivery on Sunday 1st (Oct 20th order) of my SR+ and I also have v.9. I was just told to switch to “Advanced” updates to try and trigger v.10, but it seems weird that Tesla would deliver brand new 2020 cars with older software! I haven’t found the live chat to ask them either.

I took delivery on 12/7, produced 11/19. It also came with V9. I tried all the tricks and talked to support with no updates available. I got 2019.40.2.1 yesterday. What I was told is that when your car is activated, it takes 2-3 days for it to get added to the database of cars that updates get delivered to. Support can't force an update to your car until it gets added. Activation is not delivery either. If you get it delivered to you, as I did, I had to wait two days to get app access, and app access comes with activation.

I still think it is stupid they are delivering cars with 6 month old software. I would think the service centers would update these as part of the prep process. The software updates are such a big selling point for these cars and to come brand new with old software (that you can't immediately update) doesn't make sense.